St. Anger

tedvanfrehley

Your Favorite Uncle
May 28, 2003
the bluegrass state
Visit site
Heard the St. Anger track on the radio today...not bad...kind of brutal...but has anyone else noticed that it sounds disturbingly like SLIPKNOT?!?!?! Metallica did Alice In Chains on the LOAD album and now they're goin' NUmetal??!?! I like the track but it's in no way back to the "metallica sound". But it IS back to "brutal". Probably their fastest track since Whiplash.
Ted

tedvanfrehley said:
Heard the St. Anger track on the radio today...not bad...kind of brutal...but has anyone else noticed that it sounds disturbingly like SLIPKNOT?!?!?! Metallica did Alice In Chains on the LOAD album and now they're goin' NUmetal??!?! I like the track but it's in no way back to the "metallica sound". But it IS back to "brutal". Probably their fastest track since Whiplash.
Ted

Yeah, it's a little on the harder side. One thing I noticed is that it has no bottom end. The drums production is weak & the bass is almost
non existant.....:yell:

When I first head the track, I thought of Slayer. I don't know what it is, but it sounds a little like Slayer's newest releases. It's still pretty bad ass, I know that I'm gonna be at Best Buy bright and early to buy it up.

I don't care what the song sounds like, I've been burned too many times by buying shitty Metallica CD's, so I'm going to burn them this time...onto a CD-R :lol:

Seriously, Metallica should just get their own forum on UM, because just about every forum talks about them anyway.

Go here and post saying you want a separate Metallica forum. If 10 people post in support of it, Mark will give them their own forum.

nafnikufesin said:
I don't care what the song sounds like, I've been burned too many times by buying shitty Metallica CD's, so I'm going to burn them this time...onto a CD-R :lol:

Seriously, Metallica should just get their own forum on UM, because just about every forum talks about them anyway.

Go here and post saying you want a separate Metallica forum. If 10 people post in support of it, Mark will give them their own forum.

I agree with you in a sense I have also been burned by Metallica. I'm more curious about that DVD that comes with the disc. I will vote for a 'Tallica forum!