St Anger Opinions

Guardian of Darkness said:
Arguably their worst album to date.
I agree, It's shit, and it does not deserve to be bought, how can people buy that instead of good music, here we have metallica with their millions and other thrash bands with not much, how can thisbe?! when they produce crap?! #1 on the charts? WHAT? spread the real metal guys so this doesn't unfairness stops!

Explicit Lyrics, I don't like them, it's like their trying to be and look bad, music does not need to be heavy to be good, I think Metallica shoul go away before they ruin it more, but because so many stupid poser kids like them because they think their the badest and rawest and don't know any better they will keep selling with shit music. Impaled should play before them so people can see that they suck. And many other bands would also steal the crowd. but Metallica probably picks their opening acts so they can be the best.

Warrior of Ice said:
Well i have to say for one im glad i "stole" music. If it werent for napster, Kazaa, WinMX, i still would be listening to radio and mainstream crap. And yes im glad i stole all of Metallicas old songs. I could give a rats ass personaly. If it werent for being able to download all thoose songs i wouldnt have such a extensive cd collection i do.
Maybe I would too, so I agree

SergeantD1 said:
Anything else we should get past to enjoy this "good" record?

Snap out of it people!!! Lets be honest for one time can we? This album is TERRIBLE!!!! Don't give them a pass for this lame rock album. They should be held accountable for releasing such trash. Truth is this album would not sell 10,000 copies if Metallica's name was not slapped on it!!!
This is so true!

Frantic is a great song I think, its the only real song that got the elements right that they where after... more songs like that would have been good. The rest are below average.

They havent been pathetic in the last studio albums. Reload and Load just show a different side to the once major metal band. St.Anger just shows a new side, the side of unoriginality and loss of creativity.

I know this has been said millions of times already, but I don't like the soup can snare, or the fact that there are no solos at all. A Metallica album needs to have solos otherwise what the hell is Hammett doing there? I have actually gotten past this however, and have decided that although it doesn't even come close to the Kill-Black album era, I don't hate this album. I actually like most of the songs on here but wish they could have had someone like Colin Richardson produce the album (move on from Bob Rock already guys...) and I guarantee it would have sounded a hell of alot better. Either way I like it more than Reload (which still holds the honor of worst Metallica album in my opinion) and the DVD mix is actually better than the album mix! I'll still go see them anytime they come around (going to the show tonight actually) but next time they come here it better not be with the two awful "L" bands!

I dont think anyone has realised ths whole no production thing was to get something out of their head, and onto a CD, they experimented a little apart from load/reload. Now that they have that want for low production sound out of their system, they might go back to the metallica we all remember, no one can tell the future, but the band isnt close to dead.

C-Taylor said:
They havent been pathetic in the last studio albums. Reload and Load just show a different side to the once major metal band. St.Anger just shows a new side, the side of unoriginality and loss of creativity.

What I can't understand is why people would give up on the band?
I mean they evolve with ever disc they release. I think it's good to change, some times it works other times it doesn't. I can honestly say that off of Load, Re-Load & St. Anger at least 50% of the album is great the other is so-so or filler. Let's face it very few bands in this day & age release "classic" albums, I think that era in Rock & Metal is gone.

freddie said:
Metallica has been pathetic in the last 3 studio albums. Lars can't play drums anymore and I think it's nice that Kirk's finally stopped with his cat strangling solos.
u are so correct ..haha ....lars sux .if you listen to the song st anger ....one of the "blast beats" he does is all snare and with a couple bass hits at the end of the measure......if some other band did that ppl would laugh at them ...but since its metallica ....and they are making faces like they are constipated<in video> !!!!!!! ITS REAL METAL !!!!!...HoNk!..whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr o_Oo_Oo_O

why do people like metallica? even their early stuff sounds like country. You could have waited for new testament, dragonlord, overkill, anything!!!!!!!
but why metallica, those bunch of rich spoiled brats.

To all who desperately awaited new metallica!!!!...

You get what you deserve........ Suckers!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Ergol The Ineffable
Metallica died... :-/ looks like Jason was the only good one left, and im glad he left, otherwise i wouldn't like him too much either.. but he grew his hair back out and went to play with Zakk Wylde, who hasn't and hopefully never will sell out. Here's the thing... Metallica started getting influenced by the many suckass bands on mtv these days, and it's brought them down.. St. Anger isn't even good on nu-metal standards, which is pretty sad. Altho, id rather hear James' voice than any other fake nu-metal voice. At least Slayer still has a few solos...

I don't know whether they sux or not...but the thing is their old song still exist right..it is really depends on our interested..besides a good metal band doesn't means that it must have solo...there's no internatonally rules for that..right?