Now that Stu is in Iced Earth...

I'm not throwing stones here, but what proof do you have of that?

It's your word against his, I don't know... it seems frantically gay to post something like that on blabbermouth to whore some attention.
How did he "know they were getting another drummer"?
Why was he kicked/ why did he leave? Because if his Berklee thing?

I thought people stopped being little bitches at a certain point in their life.
Why would he do this?

I don't have physical proof like emails myself of course, it's just from personal contact (being Tim's friend and Stu's and Justin's)... they hooked up with the well known lawyer/manager etc Eric Greif (Death, Cynic) and now they have some shows going on, they said they couldn't get Steve to do any dates because he is too busy. After a while of trying they decided to move on and rehearsed with another drummer (they said Steve wasn't happy about that but what do you do) and somewhere along the line apparently chose to work with the one drummer that's available and not with two. That's when the new drummer was announced and Steve says he didn't know. Maybe he expected to still work on the album despite of them getting another drummer for the shows. I don't know that...

Either way I didn't expect this from Steve, always enjoyed seeing him and never heard of any drama with him over the years. So whatever went down, he decides to play it like this. I don't think it makes himself look any good either, to be honest...

Oh it make him look fantastic. Just check out the comments.

Maybe it's just that what you said, he thought he'd still be considered the drummer (ergo he put their faith to the test) despite having the new guy attending some shows.

He feels played out since he expected more from the band. It's not exactly black and white as I see it. Either way what's this about the band not contacting him?

It would've been better of them/you guys to let Steve explicitly know he's out. This is just gay.

Yeah, things are hardly ever black and white. They were only going to work with the new guy for the live shows because Steve couldn't. Tim had written up more than ended up in the manager's announcement. I would agree it did now look as if there would be only one drummer now, but I learned that when Steve wrote Tim why he was out, Tim answered no that they were going to use the new drummer for the future live shows. That actually got into Steve's posted all changed up and the rest is history. Weird stuff :err:

If Stu does end up leaving for good I would like to see them go back with Krall, and pursue a more Into Eternity/Buried type sound

Stu just finished last week tracking vocals for a couple of new songs for Into Eternity.
A Sandstorm is coming soon ....:headbang:

i hope that tim just returns to doing the vocals

listening to sandstorm with tim's vocals just makes me miss it so much

gonna listen to dead or dreaming all day today!

In my case, it was Iced Earth that actually brought Into Eternity to my attention. I was no great Iced Earth fan, but have listened to them now and again. Heard about them having a new album 'Dystopia' and as well as a new singer, so I gave it a go out of curiosity because I admire Barlow as a vocalist, and I wanted to hear how the "new guy" would fare in comparison.

Stu Block blew my eardrums with his vocal awesomeness, to the point I prefer him to Barlow. I immediately checked if he'd been in any other bands, found about Into Eternity, was put off at first glance because generally I don't like death metal, but still decided to hear them out simply because of Stu.

To my amazement, I liked what I heard more than I liked Iced Earth. And it's not just the albums with Stu. The band's whole discography is amazing (minus 'The Incurable Tragedy' which is just OK); this immediately put their CD's on the top of my to-buy list. Because of Iced Earth, Into Eternity got a new fan.

I hope Stu will stay with both bands.

I really hope that IE don't stick too much at Stu, because even if he wanted (what isn't clear after this interview), he could make IE just in the Iced Earth breaks, and this would surely be a bit too much.
In a way it was/is unrealistic to expect Stu to do both bands, because none of them is just a small side project (although IE is shrinking terrifying near to this) and needs too much of Stu's time, so that he won't be able to do both.

Therefore IE should really think about taking the coming "Tour-Only-Singer" an regular singer - maybe this even is the plan and just a nice/hidden way to prepare for the catastrophe?

Ditto. I own everything by both Into Eternity and Iced Earth. Iced Earth peaked ten years ago, so it's kind of sad to see Stu hop on that train. But I understand the need to make a living... I just feel that Tim Roth has much more to say musically at this point than Jon Schaffer. At the same time, Into Eternity has lost any sense of momentum they had in the past few years. This move kind of parallels Chris Broderick wasting away in Megadeth...

I wonder what Chris Krall is up to... Buried is still my #1 album...

You're right about everything but according to that interview and according to Schaffer and Stu Into Eternity is a 2nd grade band while Iced Earth ranks up with Dio, Iron Maiden and the rest... which is pure bullshit in my opinion. Schaffer should get off his horse. It's true that Stu gets more coverage and is at a better position than in Into Eternity, though. Meh...still waiting on the release of Canada's other prodigy, Quo Vadis.

I look at it like Stu is to be the one to help Into Eternity reach the ranks of Iced Earth, and all on going 80's metal bands. Barlow should have stayed in Iced Earth. Though Stu sounds ok with them. Just I want Stu back in Into Eternity as quickly as possible. NO MORE AMANDA!

From what I hear IE is moving forward with Amanda. They posted a teaser video last week I believe of Tim playing a bit of a solo. I'm glad they're finally working on new material, it's been 5 years since their last album!!