Now watching

Have in mind that British Humor was not very popular in most of Spain. Mainly in certain regions where our sense of humor must have some common traits with it. I think that American humor is more digestible for most of the spanish sensitivities.

American humour is pretty slapstick/visual, and quite straightforward. Whereas British humour is more sarcastic and dry, sometimes a bit cruel. So I can understand that.

Reactions: eochaid
I've always related more with UK humor. That isn't to say that I don't enjoy American humor, but I have a love of sarcasm, dry humor, black comedy. I enjoyed American sitcoms growing up, but they really didn't stand the test of time for me. I could go and watch some Boy Meets World episodes and find them a bit nostalgic, but I probably won't. Saved by the Bell is objectively one of the worst shows ever made, but that's kind of why it was good in the first place. There's definitely scenes and moments that didn't age well though. I remember watching Mr. Bean as a child and thinking it was the greatest thing ever. I used to watch VHS tapes of it.

America loves remakes. I can't even remember the last original American film I watched that was really good. Maybe Green Book? It's all comic book movies and sequels either nobody asked for or are 20 years too late. Although I did read that the new Beverly Hills Cop movie was surprisingly good, so I might give that a watch. We love to take shows from other countries and make them worse, yes. That is definitely a thing. I've always thought it went with the idea that Americans are too lazy to read (subtitles) and that's why we remake everything. :D

Reactions: eochaid
I considere American comedies to be entertaining while I see british comedies as really funny. The last show that I enjoyed was Good Omens. Then, I downloaded, because they are not accesible here, Staged and Philomena Cunk and they were charming and hilarious at the same time. Both great shows.

I think that's a pretty good way of describing it and I see it the same way for the most part. As I said, I lean towards the dry and sarcastic type of humor anyway, so in general I find those styles to be a lot more funny. The stereotype that Americans are dumb can be true. It's a large country with 300M+ people. These stereotypes exist for a reason. Certain parts of this country *cough*the deep south*cough* are not as... educated as certain other parts and they need slapstick or very basic humor to appreciate comedy. In the 'early days', that's why stuff like The Three Stooges was so popular in the States. Even a child could understand it and see why it was supposed to be funny. There is a place for it, but it is not something I enjoy watching a lot of.

But, I think, that happens in every country. And not just by regions. Here, in Spain, differences can be found even in the same city because where you come from (your family) has more weight in who you are than (for example) school education. Amd uneducated people lives in every city, in every village of this country.