The T.V. thread...

What Jerry said about Netflix is true.
What Adrian said about TV is true.
However, Archer is funny.
I was thinking about watching Cropsy. Is it worth my time?
What is IASiP?
What season is Workaholics on now?

Also...Im hungry

The Wire (best ever)
Breaking Bad
The Sopranos
Mad Men

Have not seen, but hear are great:
Homeland
Deadwood
Six Feet Under
Sons of Anarchy
Dexter
etc.

I seriously do not understand the love for Mad Men, incredibly boring show..Homeland is overrated, Deadwood, Six Feet Under and first five of Dexter are pretty great..

I'll also add Curb Your Enthusiasm to the list of shows that remained pure quality throughout.

HBO, AMC and Showtime totally saved television, man

I tried to give mad men a chance, it was just so dull. Woo everyone drinks and smokes cigarettes and smacks their kids. They still do that in a good portion of the US ya know.

I assume you mean other than the brilliant shows that have come out in the past 10 years that are better than most novels
The only truly brilliant television shows I've seen are Firefly and Cowboy Bebop. I could make a case for The X-files and Neon Genesis Evangelion, but those two did suffer some pretty ehh moments at times.

I have been known to enjoy True Blood, Carnivale, Dexter, Californication, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Futurama, Arrested Development, and Battlestar Galactica, but I'm not sure I'd choose any of those over an above average book.

Then again I'm not comparing mediums, you started that silliness. :loco:

Then again I'm not comparing mediums, you started that silliness. :loco:

You're the one who swooped in with a lurch opinion, I'm only here to bring enlightenment to mankind

And how did I forget Arrested Development??!?!? GOD TIER

Seriously, if you haven't seen The Wire or Breaking Bad, you are a faggoth of the highest order. This goes for everyone

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried getting in to The Wire, but got turned off quickly due to the negardom.

Re: Dick Sirloin

The Wire (best ever)
Breaking Bad - Great
The Sopranos - Heh, never seen it, don't have a desire
Mad Men - I'd rather watch pr0n

Have not seen, but hear are great:
Homeland - Turns in to a joke
Deadwood - Awesome, but abruptly ends without a conclusion
Six Feet Under - Shitty band
Sons of Anarchy - Turns in to a joke
Dexter - Turns in to a joke
etc. - Possibly turns in to a joke

Good shows I actually recommend...
Arrested Development
Seinfeld
Married with Children

The END

I do dig Spartacus, but it's senseless and can't compete with anything from the literary world. Season 1 with Batiatus (sp?) was the teats, dude offered great dialogue.

Lost - Was phenomenal until idiotic ending that unraveled it and turned it in to a joke.

Boardwalk Empire - Decent, but kind of a snoozefest
Hung- Pure shit after a few eps
Rescue Me- Starts out great, turns in to a joke

FUCK TV, name some more, I'll give you the low down.

Deadwood got cancelled after three seasons. Last I heard a movie was in the works in order to finish out the story