Now watching:

Aug 1, 2005
Batavia, IL
www.myspace.com
To compliment the "now reading" thread, how about a thread to discuss what you're watching. Whether it be theatrical release, dvd, tv, or whatever else, offer up some recommendations, critiques and the like.

A few movies I've seen recently that I liked:

-There will be Blood
-Atonement
-Juno
-Goya's Ghosts
-Blue Velvet(again)

And I've been revisiting my Twin Peaks dvds.

TV:
The Office - Best show on TV for me right now.
Lost - Another great show that seems to get a lot of hate from people who don't like the direction it has gone. I highly suggest rewatching the show on DVD if you can't watch it week to week.
How I Met Your Mother - It's the only traditional sitcom I can take these days. We started watching all of the season 1 DVDs last week and it's been hilarious

Movies:
(I just signed up for Netflix again so I've been doing a lot of movie watching)
Before the Devil Knows Your Dead - I generally like this type of movie but I just couldn't get into it.
The Jane Austen Book Club - Interesting movie. I'm a big Jane Austen fan but I wasn't quite sure what to expect. Basically is a light hearted romance.
The Illusionist - This movie had originally came out around the same time as the Prestige which I saw in the theaters and loved. This is a very different movie even though previews didn't do a good job of distinguishing them. Unfortunately, it was a bad movie as well. There really was no character development and I'm forced to believe in some great love that forms in a 5 minute period in the movie.
Ratatouille - I enjoyed the movie. Not one of the better Pixar films for me but it was good entertainment
Paprika - Awesome movie. We'd been meaning to see this for a long time but rarely rent films and have little reason to buy them anymore.

Movies:The Illusionist - This movie had originally came out around the same time as the Prestige which I saw in the theaters and loved. This is a very different movie even though previews didn't do a good job of distinguishing them. Unfortunately, it was a bad movie as well. There really was no character development and I'm forced to believe in some great love that forms in a 5 minute period in the movie.

I also saw The Prestige first in theaters and loved it. Only a few months ago did I check out The Illusionist and it certainly fell short. While still a somewhat interesting movie, I agree that character development was lacking. At times the movie really seemed to drag for me, whereas The Prestige didn't.