Now watching:

Aug 1, 2005
Batavia, IL
www.myspace.com
To compliment the "now reading" thread, how about a thread to discuss what you're watching. Whether it be theatrical release, dvd, tv, or whatever else, offer up some recommendations, critiques and the like. This isn't necessarily to replace the new movie threads, but rather to serve as a supplement.

A few movies I've seen recently that I liked:

-There will be Blood
-Atonement
-Juno
-Goya's Ghosts
-Blue Velvet(again)

And I've been revisiting my Twin Peaks dvds.

Haven't seen any movies in the theater in a while.....

Recently watched on DVD:

Transformers
Ghostbusters (again)
The Tribe, Season 1, discs 3-4
The Venture Bros. Season 2, disc 1

enqueued: Frisky Dingo season 1

... My hopes and dreams swirl gently down the drain.

But seriously, Iron man was a badass movie and I'm gonna catch the new Narnia this weekend. Also full on into Bones and House and unbeatable banzuke...

I've been on a horror kick again lately. I watched The Devil's Advocate the other night. I have both Fright Night and Silver Bullet to watch sometime soon. I've been wanting to revisit the Halloween series, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

~Brian~

I've been on a horror kick again lately. I watched The Devil's Advocate the other night. I have both Fright Night and Silver Bullet to watch sometime soon. I've been wanting to revisit the Halloween series, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

~Brian~

Fright Night is in my collection too, and a personal favorite. I always kinda thought The Burbs(which I also like) took a little bit from it.

Silver Bullet, is that the werewolf movie with Corey Haim in the wheelchair?

finally caught two movies this past weekend on DVD:

Cloverfield... bit of a letdown, just like I had read. But it was 'ok'.
Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix... meh, the earlier movies are better IMO; never read a single book.

hoping to make it to a theater this weekend for a double feature of Iron Man and Prince Caspian

I probably won't get to a theater to see movies until after the RennFaire ends, since I work evenings during the week and the Faire tends to wear one out during the weekends...making a movie outing more like "let's pay $9 to sit in a dark room and fall asleep". Or so I fear. :)
Definitely want to see Prince Caspian, probably Iron Man and posssibly Speed Racer.

Just watched: The Outsiders on DVD. It was Ripper's choice (one of his favorite books as well), but the choice was fine with me as well.

Finishing Rome Season 2. Brilliant show. One of the best TV series I've ever seen. If not the best.

Rome looked very good. Same is true for The Tudors, of which I've seen snippets. (And besides, it has Jonathan "Steerpike" Rhys-Meyers playing a nice eevil role, who'd'a thunk it? :) )

Just watched: Robot Chicken from DVR, and I enqueued a recent South Park episode ("Overlogging").

Yeah, it's dated, but it's still a cool Stephen King movie. What are your horror flick favorites? Keep in mind, I'm not talking slasher flicks. I'm not into those.

~Brian~

If you like ghost stories, "The Changling" w/ George C. Scott is hard to beat.

Babylon 5, Season 3.

I Love Babylon 5, in fact i have the complete set, along with my other favorite series JAG.

Just watched again TRANSFORMERS, ORDER OF THE PHOENIX, FLYBOYS. This weekend i think i will revisit Babylon 5 maybe watch the either series, as my better half has to work all weekend.

What are your horror flick favorites? Keep in mind, I'm not talking slasher flicks. I'm not into those.

~Brian~

A few favorites would be: Phantasm I, II, and III, Susperia, Night of the Living Dead. So many more though. I really love a good zombie movie. I also really enjoy some of the more bizarre horror flics from the late 60's early 70's like Don't Look in the Basement, House by the Cemetary, Race with the Devil, Let's Scare Jessica to Death, Black Christmas(80's), Tourist Trap, etc.

But what's your deal with slasher flics? I know most of the newer ones really suck but a lot of the older ones are great.