NP: (Now playing....with comments))

P-roggy

Nov 3, 2005
PAGAN´S MIND - Celestial Entrance

Awesome Norwegian band and francly the best coming out of Norway in my opinion. This is their best album even if "Enigmatic: Calling" is almost as good.
8.5/10

Wolverine - Still

This is the new one, but it's not officially released yet. I'd explain this effort as kind of dark, moody, and emotional. This disc reminds me mainly of Riverside, but also has some points that remind me of slightly of Katatonia, and even some Ayreon - Human Equation material. The singer is very good, so that's a big plus. Wolverine no longer uses any death vox like they did in their beginnings, so anyone expecting that could come away dissapointed.

I'd give this disc a solid thumbs up. It's now on my "to buy" list.

Britt

(Gotta get that Bloodbound....)

NP: Dead Can Dance, Selections From North America. Positively brilliant band and tour, great show at Radio City Music Hall. None of these recordings, however, is from there, so it's like getting the very best songs from the best dates on the tour. DCD have given me far and away two of the best live performances I'll ever see.

Today at work I listened to Motorhead (remasters of course); Ace of Spades, Orgasmatron, Rock N Roll, Iron Fist, Overkill and Bomber. These guys do it and do it the way it's supposed to be done. Great rock, great metal and would be fit to headline any festival with the amount of influence they have on many bands.

When I got to meet them and see them perform when they headlined the 2nd stage at Ozfest it was a "school is now in session" performance in West Palm Beach. No other band could clear the main stage area while Megadeth was closing their set out to try and get as close as possible to God & Co.

This was the only time I saw them live and I watched them ON STAGE about 10 feet from Mickey Dee. What a kick-ass experience.

My little sister got that Disney movie "High School Musical" today and is watching it a few feet away from me, so I guess that's what I'm listening to right now.

If anyone in the area wants to come over and shoot me or anything, feel free. I'm pretty sure my family won't turn you in.

HAHAHA
StewiesSexyParties said:
My little sister got that Disney movie "High School Musical" today and is watching it a few feet away from me, so I guess that's what I'm listening to right now.

If anyone in the area wants to come over and shoot me or anything, feel free. I'm pretty sure my family won't turn you in.

Black Label Society - Mafia.

This is my first listen to this album (and to Black Label Society to any serious degree). This is a really good album, and I enjoy Zakk's vocals and guitar work. I wish Ozzfest was coming near Atlanta. Yes, I love Iron Maiden, and I hate Sharon for what she did to them. But I won't discount the whole thing due to her. If I want to listen to music, I will. Anyhow, good stuff.

VAST - April. new album from Jon Crosby. Stark, solo.
Relapse-May 2006 podcast
Agalloch - Ashes Against The Grain
Pure Reason Revolution - The Dark Third (nary a day goes by when I am not listening to this)

and in the Never Touring with Dave Mustaine category:
Coven - Witchcraft Destroys Minds and Reaps Souls
Black Widow - Sacrifice

BenMech said:
VAST - April. new album from Jon Crosby. Stark, solo.
Relapse-May 2006 podcast
Agalloch - Ashes Against The Grain
Pure Reason Revolution - The Dark Third (nary a day goes by when I am not listening to this)

and in the Never Touring with Dave Mustaine category:
Coven - Witchcraft Destroys Minds and Reaps Souls
Black Widow - Sacrifice

Can you give some info about these bands and their style?

Pure Reason Revolution - The Twyncyn/Trembling Willows from The Dark Third This is seriously the most addicting song of 2006. All clean vox. Male and female.

that podcast is just a monthly thang from Relapse Records. Found at the iTunes store

Black Widow and Coven are 1960s literally Satanic occult rock. Coven's album features a song called "Black Sabbath" as track one and the bassist is Oz Osbourne. The end of the Coven album is a Satanic Mass a la Anton Levey. The singer of Coven is Jinx Dawson. Kinda like a Blond Grace Slick? Coven had a hit a few years later with "One Tin Soldier." Black Widow is similarly theatrical.

Black Widow- Come to the Sabbat from 1970's Sacrifice

Coven - White Witch of Rose Hall from 1969's Witchcraft Destroys Minds and Reaps Souls

Atomic Opera - For Madmen Only
1994 album that was produced by Sam Taylor of King's X/Galactic Cowboys fame. They were also from Houston & yes, they do bear a resemblance to those two bands, most notably GC.

Hmmmm, new V.A.S.T.

np: Edge of Sanity, Crimson II. I'll probably play all of it on the radio on 6/6/06. :)

Also Ozric Tentacles, Strangeitude -- the current Ozrics CD in my car changer. I always have one in there, but I vary the CD on a biweekly basis.

Have to get busy burning some really crunchy CDs for a friend, Jimmy, who's one of the jousters at the Georgia Rennaissance Festival (the 'evil' one, of course :D). This weekend coming up is the last weekend. He's a metalhead and has already blazed through the Nile and Cryptopsy I gave him last year. :)

NP: Van der Graaf Generator-A Plague of Lighthouse Keepers

So yesterday I finally checked out these guys after years of recomendations. Although this song doesn't flow real well, the vocals are the coolest part. Peter Hammil kicked ass on Fripp's Exposure with his (what would evolve) into harsh vocals, no different here. Although there aren't any harsh vox on this song he still does some cool stuff. The only way I can describe this song is if Hedwig (of Hedwig and the angry inch) joined a band that was a mix between King Crimson and Royal Scam era Steely Dan.

Vision Divine - The Perfect Machine

Just got this CD yesterday and holy shit does it rock. Now I'm even more excited about seeing them in September.