NP: (Now playing....with comments))

JOHN TWO-HAWKS "Come To The Fire"

Native American cedar flute music, as played by the a great Native American Lakota John Two-Hawks. It ain't metal I am sorry but it is good. and he did play on the NIGHTWISH 'Once" CD and with them at HARTWELL Arena.

Enter the sacred circle of ancient ancestral wisdom.
Sit with John Two-Hawks beside the dancing fire of
a thousand visions. Feel the silent release of your
weary soul as it departs from the stress of the thin,
plastic world of electric sunshine and enters into the
fullness of warm, flickering tranquillity. Be consumed
by the flame of transformation, and rise from the ashes,
a new being, forever changed. You have been invited.
Your place at the fireside awaits. It is time....
Come to the Fire

Now playing is Brother Cane "Seeds." It is smoky, dark basic rock and roll with hard rock, southern rock and psychedlic influences. Great band. Too bad they are deceased.

Bryant

Beyond Fear - DTO. I listened to this for the second time this morning, and there's a good chance it's heading to my buy list. Well done Power Metal, with awesome vocals (obviously). I find that I'm quickly becoming quite the Tim Owens fan. I suspect the next Iced Earth disc will elevate him to Top 5 status (in my book).

Zod

Pyramaze51 said:
JOHN TWO-HAWKS "Come To The Fire"

Native American cedar flute music, as played by the a great Native American Lakota John Two-Hawks. It ain't metal I am sorry but it is good. and he did play on the NIGHTWISH 'Once" CD and with them at HARTWELL Arena.

Enter the sacred circle of ancient ancestral wisdom.
Sit with John Two-Hawks beside the dancing fire of
a thousand visions. Feel the silent release of your
weary soul as it departs from the stress of the thin,
plastic world of electric sunshine and enters into the
fullness of warm, flickering tranquillity. Be consumed
by the flame of transformation, and rise from the ashes,
a new being, forever changed. You have been invited.
Your place at the fireside awaits. It is time....
Come to the Fire

Now that you mentioned John Two-Hawks, I just finished listening to Nigthwish's live "End OF An Era" 2CD which is a soundtrack of the DVD by the same name, filmed at the Hartwall Arena. The DVD and 2CD were released yesterday here in Finland and both sold gold on the first day out. Go and get it, I think that CdInzane has it in stock already for you.

I had the priviledge of meeting John Two-Hawks and his wife Peggy while helping Ambr by taking pictures when she interviewed him for BeyondEarCandy.com the day before the incredible concert in Helsinki.

Besides a great musician, the man is a very special and awesome person. The interview took about an hour, and afterwards we kept hanging a good hour and a half in the hotel lobby with him, mostly listening to his tales and philosophical stories and views about his music and living in harmony with the world and nature. It was fascinating to listen to him. And his music is definitely not metal, but... plain beautiful.

He performs one of his own songs called "Stone People" on the DVD just before the one and unique live performance of "Creek Mary's Blood" together with Nightwish. That performance alone makes the DVD worth the money. But there is more to it...

NP: Bonfire - Double X

If you're familiar with this band, you should definitely get this CD. Some really good stuff right in Bonfire's alley. If you don't know this band, but like 80's style melodic hard rock, I wouldn't suggest starting with this one.

Pellaz, that's one of my top 20 albums of all time. Beautiful melodies, great playing, cool story...and that "x" factor that gives me chills. Great, great stuff.

NP: Transatlantic "SMPTe"

I absolutely adore Neal Morse, and I like the two Transatlantic albums more than any other of his projects. Plus, I'm also a huge Portnoy and Flower Kings fan, so you know I'm going to love this! "SMPTe" is, in my opinion, slightly the lesser of the two Transatlantic albums, but is still fantastic. If any of you are slightly into "symphonic prog" (i.e. old Yes), I strongly recommend you check out these albums.

Wounded Land said:
Pellaz, that [Ayreon is] one of my top 20 albums of all time. Beautiful melodies, great playing, cool story...and that "x" factor that gives me chills. Great, great stuff.

It was my favorite release of its year. A great collection of vocal talent, a more down-to-Earth story than the more fanciful tales in, e.g., Into the Electric Castle, and top-notch musicianship as always. It may have been a mistake to play this the same week as my grandma passed away in the hospital, since the storyline is set in a hospital, but it will always be one of my favorites. Lots of crunch, too.