NRL 2007

If storm play like they did in the first final, Parra have no chance. I'm still a bit worried though, the only team i'd hate to be playing more is Warriors in NZ.

The atmosphere at the Storm/Eels game is going to be crap, I hate Telstra Dome.

It's obvious that the powers that be didn't want the Warriors to win. If it wasn't for all the dodgy calls from Tony Archer (and the knock-ons and missed tackles and poor kicks) we would have won that.

And with thurston out for that spear tackle in opening 15 minutes. Manly for the grand final.

If thurston doesn't get at least a week for that, it's nothing more than a joke and the powers that be playing favourites with him.

He deserves to be suspended (seen less than that get a week or two) but he'll be right. If it was Michael Crocker he'd be getting four or five weeks.

He was the only person in the tackle, beyond the horizontal and driven.

Classic spear tackle.

That said, I would prefer smashing the cowboys with him in the team.

I have to agree. I think Thurston should be out. It was a blunt spear tackle. I think the Cowboys have done well to get as far as they have with the majority of the forward pack out due to injury.

This don't look good for Mr Thurston:

tackle_narrowweb__300x379,0.jpg

I thought it was a nothing tackle that shouldn't warrant a suspension. There's always a few tackles per game like that, *most* are penalty sufficient. And hey, if Andrew Ryan can get off because of an 'unfortunate accident', then Thurston shouldn't get suspended for something pissy like that tackle..

I guess they're playing at Telstra Dome because they're banking on getting a decent crowd. Shitty Olympic Park only holds 20,000 or so.

I really doubt they'll lose regardless of where they play. Melbourne has been awesome this year and the Eels have only been doing enough to win. If they couldn't put the half-arsed Bulldogs away until ten minutes before full-time last weekend, what hope do they have against Melbourne?

Aye. Still, wouldn't surprise me if the Eels spring the upset. I just hope if that's the case that the other team isn't Manly - I really don't want to go to a grand final with two teams I dislike so much.

It will be a tough game. fingers crossed for a cowboys win

id love to see a Parramatta V Cowboys final

unlikely yeah but it would be sweet