NRL 2007

All very quite on the Andrew Jonhs front, seems to me every body new he was on DRUGS but bloody me. Damm fine footballer though, but I can't recommend that he become a Immortal though.

I didn't know about the drug thing either, but it didn't surprise me when it came out.

Re: the Immortal thing, I don't think it should stop his inclusion, but I wouldn't have wanted him in for at least ten years anyway. It just cheapens it if you let someone in the same year they retired.

And anyway, it should be about his feats on the field, not what he does in his own time.

Yeah I had no idea bout the drug thing.... They aren't performance enhancing, so I don't think he shouldn't be an immortal in time.
Given all the rumours flying around now, I wonder who else is going to come out??

Reg Gasnier, John Raper and Artie Beetson were all enormous pissheads. They probably didn't do eckies but they were incorrigible drunks, and that didn't stop them becoming "Immortals". This just goes back to the old argument re. legal vs. illegal drugs. No one seems to care that Gasnier, Raper, Beetson and the rest could barely function without alcohol and often ran out onto the field after dowing 3 or 4 tinnies in the dressing room. No one cares what a crap message that is to sound out to kids. No, it's all about how terrible ecstacy is

Same with most sports though, isn't it? At least the alcohol part. I mean, look at why Boonie is the legend he is. Hell, he's even advertising the stuff now. And that alcoholic, womanising English soccer player from the sixties whose name I should have looked up before I tried to bring him up.

He was from Northern Ireland, but same difference....

The hypocrisy in the media is astonishing, and media coverage of sport really cheeses me off these days. We find out way more about sportsmen than we need to.

7cowboys_narrowweb__300x491,0.jpg

indeed. The fact that he does have a few nagging injuries is a concern.

The best player this year was Steve Price, damn it. I don't like the Dally M system, I much prefer Rugby League Week's voting where every player is given a score out of ten each week.

I did think Steve Price would have been a bit higher on the final tally.