NRL 2007

Yay, no Janette Howard tattoo for me. :headbang:

Eels vs Bulldogs and Cowboys vs Warriors next week. Not sure which winners face Melbourne and Manly the following week.

The NRL finals system's a bit more complex than the AFL one, so it's harder to work out who plays who.

Good to see Melbourne kick some Bronco arse after their shambolic performance in the grand final last year. I'm going for Melbourne for the same reason I'm going for Geelong in the finals.

Eels and Bulldogs is a tough one. I guess we will be seeing the Cowboys play Manly in a fortnight. No Carl Webb is a concern though. Poor bastard missed the last Cowboys final series due to suspension.

He's never actually completed a finals match. His only other one was with the Broncos (versus Penrith I think) and he broke his thumb or something.

I'm tipping the Warriors to win on Sunday. The Cowboys were quite average if you ask me - it was only the Bulldogs' errors that made it seem like a competitive game. The Warriors weren't too flash but will be better for the run, seeing as only a handful had ever played finals football before.

I agree it wasn't the prettiest game of football last night but I think the Cowboys have what it takes to win. With the likes of Thurston, Bowen (his defence has been unreal this year, as you could tell against Hazim El Masri in the dying minutes last night), Cashmere, Farrah, Payne and Graham and the possible re-call of Scott Minto into the side, I think the Cowboys are too strong. It won't be an easy win, the Warriors are a great team but I will put my pennies on NQ.

I agree it wasn't the prettiest game of football last night but I think the Cowboys have what it takes to win. With the likes of Thurston, Bowen (his defence has been unreal this year, as you could tell against Hazim El Masri in the dying minutes last night), Cashmere, Farrah, Payne and Graham and the possible re-call of Scott Minto into the side, I think the Cowboys are too strong. It won't be an easy win, the Warriors are a great team but I will put my pennies on NQ.

Bowen didn't save that try....
Well he did.... but that other dude chasing was more the hero I thought,
Without him, Bowen was no chance of stopping el masri

Bowen didn't save that try....
Well he did.... but that other dude chasing was more the hero I thought,
Without him, Bowen was no chance of stopping el masri

Mark Henry I believe. Henry did great but without Bowen coming over as well I believe it would have been a try.

Yeah I agree but without Henry catching him and taking his legs and slowing him down, Bowen would not have saved the try either....
I guess they both made try savers but in my opinion, Henry is a bit hard done by... Everyone (media, fans etc) has been in raptures over Bowen's tackle

When they were going through the Eels team tonight they were playing "The Main Monkey Business" by Rush. Mystifying but cool. :headbang:

I heard that last week with the Cowboys/Bulldogs game. I was thinking my cd player must have come on

Eels vs Melbourne next sunday !!!!
If parra are going to beat the storm I really think they need to cut down on the error rate and have a much higher completion rate for their sets of six. In saying that eels are peaking at the right time. :)