Nuclear Assault Survive Re-Release

Ya know, why can't they do their digital thing if they want and let DB handle the physical side? I'm sure you'd prefer to have both physical and digital rights but, whatever! :p

Ya know, why can't they do their digital thing if they want and let DB handle the physical side? I'm sure you'd prefer to have both physical and digital rights but, whatever! :p

Chances are the band is doing only digital because they don't own the album and are not willing to take the chance to press it. I think just doing it digitally just shows how out of touch bands can be. If people wanted it digitally they could already have it, it's not too difficult to find.

This whole charade reminds me of Powermad. Here's a 'classic' 80's era Metal album that Matt not only offered to reissue, but sent the band members a remastered version of to listen to, plus an offer to re-release the album, with cost picked up by Divebomb.

Someone mentioned the phrase 'out of the loop'. I think that's a good assessment. Just like Nuclear Assault, Powermad are of the same mind set. 'What are the kids in to these days'? Oh, they just buy downloads. Ok, we'll just re-release the album ourselves and they'll buy it!' - RIGHT!

What these bands don't realize is, kids don't give a fuck about them. They give a fuck about Atreyu, and Mastadon, and whatever other band is 'in' at the moment. Bands like Powermad and Nuclear Assault are alienating an entire demographic of prospective buyers! The collectors of arcane Metal albums, the ones who would only buy it if released on CD or vinyl. Almost every single person who would want to own music from any of these bands could give a fuck less about an MP3! And they are the ones who are getting short changed!:fu:

This whole charade reminds me of Powermad. Here's a 'classic' 80's era Metal album that Matt not only offered to reissue, but sent the band members a remastered version of to listen to, plus an offer to re-release the album, with cost picked up by Divebomb.

Someone mentioned the phrase 'out of the loop'. I think that's a good assessment. Just like Nuclear Assault, Powermad are of the same mind set. 'What are the kids in to these days'? Oh, they just buy downloads. Ok, we'll just re-release the album ourselves and they'll buy it!' - RIGHT!

What these bands don't realize is, kids don't give a fuck about them. They give a fuck about Atreyu, and Mastadon, and whatever other band is 'in' at the moment. Bands like Powermad and Nuclear Assault are alienating an entire demographic of prospective buyers! The collectors of arcane Metal albums, the ones who would only buy it if released on CD or vinyl. Almost every single person who would want to own music from any of these bands could give a fuck less about an MP3! And they are the ones who are getting short changed!:fu:

You are exactly correct.
Man if the fans only knew all the stupid shit we hear, know, and see doing what we do. But some bands just aren't logical. Some of the few fans I do talk in depth with ask all me all kinds of questions about why this doesn't happen or why that; when I answer they are just completely amazed at some of the issues that come up.
I really should give this up and just write a book about what really goes on behind the curtains. HAHA

You are exactly correct.
Man if the fans only knew all the stupid shit we hear, know, and see doing what we do. But some bands just aren't logical. Some of the few fans I do talk in depth with ask all me all kinds of questions about why this doesn't happen or why that; when I answer they are just completely amazed at some of the issues that come up.
I really should give this up and just write a book about what really goes on behind the curtains. HAHA

Yes, and I've always wondered how one can write songs like "Plastic Town" or "Brainstorms" and still be mentally retarded. you always hear these guys complaining about how their 'label' ripped them off, and they got a raw deal, ect; but over the years I've come to the realization that it's because they're not very bright people, a lot of them.

So, when it comes down to them handling their own shit, they're inept.

"Joel Dubay, do you want me to put the money in to re-releasing a remastered version of your 20+yr out of print album?" --

"...Why would we want that when we can release the originals as MP3's! I-Tunes says we can keep 5 cents for every download! Really, dude..."

Yes, and I've always wondered how one can write songs like "Plastic Town" or "Brainstorms" and still be mentally retarded. you always hear these guys complaining about how their 'label' ripped them off, and they got a raw deal, ect; but over the years I've come to the realization that it's because they're not very bright people, a lot of them.

So, when it comes down to them handling their own shit, they're inept.

"Joel Dubay, do you want me to put the money in to re-releasing a remastered version of your 20+yr out of print album?" --

"...Why would we want that when we can release the originals as MP3's! I-Tunes says we can keep 5 cents for every download! Really, dude..."

Their MP3's aren't available via itunes just their website if I am correct.

You are exactly correct.

Hahaha!!! Glad we're on the same page here :) And well, I've been thinking of writing a book for a while, too! "Lack of brains" has to be somewhere in the title :)))

Hahaha exactly!! Well, there's a band I know that has been complaining about labels for 20 years. Now they signed a deal with the same label that fucked them numerous times. Guess what? They didn't even receive author's copies! And they have to pay retail price to get their own CDs! I had a good laugh :)

Hahaha exactly!! Well, there's a band I know that has been complaining about labels for 20 years. Now they signed a deal with the same label that fucked them numerous times. Guess what? They didn't even receive author's copies! And they have to pay retail price to get their own CDs! I had a good laugh :)

Desperation, man. It's kinda like going for the homely chick during last call at a bar 'cause you know for a fact that you can take her home!:devil:

Well, good luck to them, regardless of how dumb we think it is to handle it in this manner. *shrug*

See! They can't even figure out how to submit music to I-Tunes!:devil:

Just FYI bands cannot just submit their music to itunes. we all have to go through a middle man which is a number of companies. which in turn get a cut. If i could pull down my stuff off itunes and not lose sales I would. the reality is they have a stranglehold on the entire industry and it sucks.

Bandcamp is where I will be pushing my digital downloads. better quality, paypal and nobody taking an overly greedy cut of the monies.

it's actually something that needs to be discussed in this industry. how one company can come in an hijack it, which they did.

Just FYI bands cannot just submit their music to itunes. we all have to go through a middle man which is a number of companies. which in turn get a cut. If i could pull down my stuff off itunes and not lose sales I would. the reality is they have a stranglehold on the entire industry and it sucks.

Bandcamp is where I will be pushing my digital downloads. better quality, paypal and nobody taking an overly greedy cut of the monies.

it's actually something that needs to be discussed in this industry. how one company can come in an hijack it, which they did.

Oh, I know all that. Taking cheap shots at Powermad is just too much fun!:devil: