NY Show

coolsnow7

Raining Blood
Mar 20, 2004
NYC
Fucking Webster Hall...18+ bullshit. Anyone know if they actually check for ID? Or would I be able to get in?

It's such fucking bull shit I'm missing them because I'm not 18, it's a fucking joke. I also wanted to go to that same show. I'm 15 the rest of my band is 19+ so they're all going and not me. If someone can get them to change that fucking age restriction you earn sex.

Hey Coolsnow 7...being under 18, you should have no problem getting into Webster Hall if one of your parents will be cool enough to bring you. We did a couple of headlining shows in Michigan in back in September and a younger fan came to both shows - both 21+ shows at bars - with his dad, and it was no problem. Start begging and offering up chores to do! Hope to see you there.

You'd think so, but Webster Hall is not like the average 18+ place, which is the only reason I'm going through the effort.

i dotn get that whole 18 and over thing with shows, i mean what are there no fans under 18? and whats at a show that a 16 year old kid cannot go? ill be there thursday and its gonan be aamzing!

IntoPhagist said:
i dotn get that whole 18 and over thing with shows, i mean what are there no fans under 18? and whats at a show that a 16 year old kid cannot go? ill be there thursday and its gonan be aamzing!

I could be very wrong, but my understanding is that it has something to do with how late the show can go, and not much to do with the content of the show. For example, an All Ages show would be forced to end significantly earlier than an 18+ show, which would still have to end earlier than a 21+ show. I know I've been to some which probably are exceptions to this logic, but I think thats the general principle behind it. Also, Webster Hall is a dance club so its policy might simply be 18+ no matter what the occasion. I've never been there personally.

On a side note....can't wait for Thursday!:hotjump: