nyc-erz? help?

BigFakeSmile

toe much love!
Nov 16, 2002
Visit site
hey guys
i'm moving. as much as i like my location and ONE of my roommates, other things about my living situation, including room size, a new slob roommate, an inconsiderate lease-holding roommate, etc. have made it more or less intolerable. and it started out so nice! not moving far - just a few more stops down the L. yes that's right. Bushwick. moving into a much larger bedroom in a giant loft. i got the place by being a metalhead, which is really funny, because i go to apartment interviews prepared to pretend to be as hipster as i need to be. but the main guy sort of sheepishly told me the genre his band played was "kind of grindcore..." and then i 'came out' too and it was love. "we'd rather have someone in here who knows about metal." and theres pets! i am sooo gonna get a kitten when/if i'm settled in. anyway, everything should be pretty cool except for me not being in the best position to do this and being broke and hungry next month. but i'll probably lose some weight again and look hott, so it's all a blessing, right? the better you look, the better people treat you.

but anyway, i am wondering if you know anyone with a vehicle that would help me move at least my one "large" item, which is not in fact very large - a single mattress - if not the whole move, which i did last time in a hearse, so i dont have much crap, most of which i can move with any of my smaller car having friends. the place is very close (i've walked it a couple times). anyway, someone must know someone, being in bands and all. i can only pay someone a couple bucks, by the way. i dont have a move date, but you know, sometime 1st-ish.

thanks for anything!

if you have 15 bucks you can get one guy for one hour, according to those zillions of signs around the city. i, sadly, got nothin'.

bushwick = "east williamsburg"

well, looks like some guy i barely know is going to be a bro and help me out.

yay.

funny, cuz i sent a couple personal messages to people i actually know if they could maybe help and no response... people rule.

people in nyc are really freakin lazy b/c they have to haul ass everywhere every day. so they act like anything else is wayyyy too much to handle.

its ok. nice guy i barely know (one of my craigslist friends) is going to do it. he lives in the neighborhood too, so he wont be, you know, like really fucking putting himself out or anything. but really, it is stunning sometimes who the people who come through are, and who the people are who are embarrassed to even write back 'no, sorry, i can't help' or 'sorry, i can't think of anyone.' and obviously i am not talking about anybody here, this thread was a early-ditch effort.