Nyc

mindspell

vvv Jake's ass vvv
Jul 6, 2002
Montreal
www.mindspell.org
I plan to spend a week or so in NYC in september so if you have any suggestions of place to go, things to do and whatever else you might think of please post it so that I can plan things properly. I don't plan to hit the big tourist things apart from the Guggenheims, maybe the Metropolitan museum of art and nothing else that I can think of.

the museum of sex is really awesome and not that big of an attraction. also: central park zoo. whitney museum (contemporary crazyface art stuff). canal street just because it's crazy and they have the weirdest cheapest stuff all over the place.
walk over the brooklyn bridge.

yyeaahh the museum of sex is kinda neat! i stayed in the hotel next door to it last year's valentine's day weekend and checked it out.

i also concur with canal street and Chinatown.

I plan to catch as many shows as I can, providing I can find a good place online to buy my tickets for other stuff than the ticketmaster events, and maybe arrange things so that I don't have to pay for a couple of them :)

there's always a bazillion things going on so it shouldn't be a problem finding stuff to do. just make sure to check when museums are open on what days - I made the mistake of not checking in advance and ended up fucking myself over and missing out on various venues b/c they were closed on the days I set aside to visit.

minxnim said:
god i was at the knitting factory last night what a friggin train wreck

The venue or the show? 'Cause I don't mind shitty venues as long as there's a good vibe. Like last year I went to Tonic a couple of times, what a shitty place but what a great fuggin' vibe!

haha well if it's in sept. i may be in japan but i mean, who knows? maybe california? or maybe i'll be around. so when the time comes lemme know.

cool well if i am in the city IT'S ON and i am bringing my entourage.

also: if you look in the village voice you can find shows in the city. then call the clubs and see where to get the tickets. a lot of times you just buy them from the smaller clubs. also i could probably get you on lists if you know ahead of time.

yeah, i saw a documentary about the brooklyn bridge and walking across it looked like a cool thing to do- like a classic NY kind of thing. screw the statue of liberty.

also:
- go to the top of the Empire State Bldg, fall in love and/or marry someone and/or be deserted
- become Wall Street tycoon, have Reality TV show where you fire people
- make it there
- join Yankees, win pennant but then get busted for donut theft
- make it anywhere
- join mob, eat spaghetti, and kill everyone in a small italian eatery
- plan bloody futuristic escape with kurt russell