NZ/Aus Opeth Fans

OpethNZ

Nov 25, 2003
Visit site
with the new album coming, and being on RR now, id say opeth will most definately head for an australian tour again, im planning on heading to Aussie for a week or so and probably catching 2 shows, since ive seen a few nz'ers around here lately, just wondering if anyone else is plannign on heading over there to catch a show or 2, and to the australians, which city/ies would you recommend going to, that are within a reasonable distance of one another, or did opeth did several shows in one city? either way ill be sure you meet up with some of the people on here for the shows :kickass:

Cheers People - Kyle

I'd definitely go, me and a friend were even considering going to america in july to see them live, but cant because were moving to auckland in august. but id make the effort to goto aus, if they didnt come here that is :p

I plan to be at the melbourne show(s) (they did three last time) cuz i have accomodation there. Im all for meeting up with some guys of here.

As for reccomended places, Sydney is a cool place there is alot to do, and same with brisbane. But Melbourne is my fav aussie city, there is always something going on...last time i was they were getting ready for a Robert Deniro film fest, and i was at the avalon airshow.

wicked, i was planning on going to melbourne, pretty nice city there, and yeah i could hopefully get some free accomadation with family friends there, but i aint worried about going to a backpackers or something, would rule if they did a few shows there, id prob go twice just because might as well get the most outta it, cuz i dont think ill b seeing opeth live again :D

It'll be tight for money, but i definitely plan on going over...but you already knew that OpethNZ, since we DID just talk about it at the movies earlier in the week. Be sweet to meet up with some fellow Opethians too....lets show them aussies how to mosh!

Heh only other concert ive travelled for was to see Muse in Auckland. Shush, Muse was cool.....

the_3_toed_sloth said:
It'll be tight for money, but i definitely plan on going over...but you already knew that OpethNZ, since we DID just talk about it at the movies earlier in the week. Be sweet to meet up with some fellow Opethians too....lets show them aussies how to mosh!

Heh only other concert ive travelled for was to see Muse in Auckland. Shush, Muse was cool.....

Big day out? i was there too, up front for metallica.

Nah, this was another concert..my bro went up for that, but i had to work....plus i thought most of the bands sucked of course.

And Deliverance, you do know that us NZers are not australian, right? RIGHT?! Besides, you dont know the secret handshake, so cant join our club.

the_3_toed_sloth said:
Nah, this was another concert..my bro went up for that, but i had to work....plus i thought most of the bands sucked of course.

And Deliverance, you do know that us NZers are not australian, right? RIGHT?! Besides, you dont know the secret handshake, so cant join our club.

:erk: thread title says NZ/Aus. fine, i want to be either NZ or Aussie haha. yes, i know they are different, though.
i wanna know the hand shake!!!!!11

Being Australian means you have an airforce, sometimes I wish I was an aussie.

Brian, if ya ever come to new zealand you can become and honourary kiwi.

I wonder if mooniebaby gets backstage pass's cuz he is a mod.

deliverance said:
:erk: thread title says NZ/Aus. fine, i want to be either NZ or Aussie haha. yes, i know they are different, though.
i wanna know the hand shake!!!!!11

smeh.gif
hahahaha, you crack me up nigga.

deliverance i wanna know the hand shake!!!!!11[/QUOTE said:
haha i hope botur wasnt referring to the drunken handshake involving elaborate and complex moves that ended up with both people walking away with bruised knuckles, and a sense of leaving the complex handshakes to black people....

Arnold Layne said:
Being Australian means you have an airforce, sometimes I wish I was an aussie.

Brian, if ya ever come to new zealand you can become and honourary kiwi.

I wonder if mooniebaby gets backstage pass's cuz he is a mod.

come on man we have an airforce, if war comes to our shores our wave of crop dusting planes will blind the enemies with poison, and possibly seeds of some kind, or we could carpet bomb other countries by dropping people outta tourist planes, theres lots of them

Haha good point. Queenstown must be overflowing with people we could use for that purpose.

Love the avatar to, hope they show the new series on tv. Although ive downlaoded them all, it would be great to see it back on tv.