NZ/Aus Opeth Fans

Here's hoping they come back to Brisbane. I missed out on them last time, as I used to live in Ballina (a small coastal town with about 15 pubs -no joke).

I could see them playing on the BDO tour. Who knows they might be looking forward to playing a few more open festival type gigs with other bands now that they have some more backing.

(Although ofcourse that means their set list would have to be cut back! :yell: )

Steedus said:
Here's hoping they come back to Brisbane. I missed out on them last time, as I used to live in Ballina (a small coastal town with about 15 pubs -no joke).

I could see them playing on the BDO tour. Who knows they might be looking forward to playing a few more open festival type gigs with other bands now that they have some more backing.

(Although ofcourse that means their set list would have to be cut back! :yell: )

o_O my god, I would be in tears if they somehow ended up on the Big Day Out. :yuk: that would be terrible! :hotjump:

The last 2 Sydney shows were wicked sick. I even got to meet the guys.
This year I will be travelling to Stockholm to see them. Might even catch them in Oslo too.

The last couple of times Mike has said how much he loves Australia (which he might say anywhere), but I believe him. He and Anna had a holiday here and then their honeymoon.. i'm thinking that they'll be back.

Yeah it's a good thing they like it here. Lopez likes the weather too, but not the fact that the cops busted him for being shirtless in the airport.

Can't wait to see them perform then chat to them again. I hope next time I'm a little less starstruck, haha.

yea I went over to sydney from auckland to catch them last time, it kicked ass!!! I wish the promoters in NZ would get their act together though and get them to come here, especially seen as now they are on roadrunner etc...

enlore04 said:
o_O my god, I would be in tears if they somehow ended up on the Big Day Out. :yuk: that would be terrible! :hotjump:

If they ended up on the BDO that would be certain doom I feel. But let's face it, as much as we fans know how big Opeth are getting, we know that they won't become commercial crap like what's in the BDO.

The Hubster said:
If they ended up on the BDO that would be certain doom I feel. But let's face it, as much as we fans know how big Opeth are getting, we know that they won't become commercial crap like what's in the BDO.

They're playing a festival with KoRn. Why do you think BDO is so far out of the question?

Isnt the BDO broadcast on tv from surfers? Ive seen SOAD and Mars Volta vide from the Aussie BDO.

There is also the possablity of them only doing the Australina BDO's. But either wat its not to shit an idea.

I wouldnt go, if they did, I don't see the point in spending all that money to get a 35-40 minute set.

I've been to all Melbourne shows that were over 18s. I'd pay anything to see them, even if it was at BDO. I'll meet up at any Melbourne show with anyone. I'll be they guy in the black OPETH T-shirt drinking scotch like a mad c*nt. :kickass: :puke: