O.K. Just have to say this...

Agent Sands

New Metal Member
Mar 14, 2011
I will never say I know a lot about music, but I have many guys tell me I do for a chick. With that said, I have been drowning in the new Evergrey for a week solid..and I mean a week solid -- even at work with a hidden ipod. I just cannot stop listening, and I am so excited to feel this way.

I cannot express how relieved I was that Mr. God Englund decided to pull himself up by the bootstraps and slap the world simple with what he had to say. I just love it when he does that!!! It gives me amazing goosebumps!!! : P Really, since I started listening to Evergrey, he (and Evergrey) has/have taken the words right out of my mouth.

I, as usual bow, with the most respect on the earth to him, Carina and now their daughter Salina. I thank all of you for the outstanding beauty. Without you guys..well, I just don't want to go there...

Rikard, I also thank you for the beauty and the loyalty to what we as fans loved about Evergrey. You and the keys are such an important part, so glad you stayed.

Marcus, Johann and Hannes: Welcome and thank you for the beauty. You have blown us away. Marcus, really, your talent speaks for you. The slide on Wrong makes my eyes roll to the back of my head -- something so simple, I know, but your presence is recognized on this disc and you bring a special something that holds no words. Johann..you rule as well, and I have to tell you, I normally hate beards, but yours is lovely... : )! Hannes...you cute little thing... I loved Patrick..LOVED HIM..Masterplan is a bitch to follow..then came Jonas, gorgeous and somewhat deadly. I was scared to death drum wise when Jonas left. I mean, not just anyone can step in here…HOWEVER, you are ridiculous with talent and you shocked the crap out of me. I have to say that you fit so well with Evergrey that I find myself drooling over your little sounds that come with you being you. Outstanding work my dear!!!

The new Evergrey is ridiculously tight, and so ridiculously talented. And, I know that Tommy is still great friends with Jonas and Henrik, which makes me happy, so I do not say what I am about to say to be mean or childish, but I find when I listen to the new disc… I find that I am sitting and saying Jonas and Henrik who? I never thought I would think that. I am stunned and beyond excited that you guys have found each other. Please stay awhile..the magic is there and we are dying for so much more!! As for Jonas and Henrik, I wish them luck and happiness. I am personally just not into DD, but I do wish them luck and happiness.

It took me quite a few listens through before I was able to be familiar enough with it and have it blow me away! Even so, its a good thing because I feel that most great albums are like this. The first couple listens you feel sort of indecisive but something about it gives you the desire to listen more. Then after more listens it all starts to become more familiar to you and it all just starts to click.

I feel GC is some of the best Evergrey since the days of RD and TIC; however, it saddens me to see there has been next to no activity on this forum since release. This is because I feel GC is on a level I feel should bring this forum back to the more thriving way it once was during the RD/TIC days.

As with all Evergrey CDs it took the third time to do me in. There is so much to hear music-wise and so much to listen for lyrically and to contemplate over. That is why I love Evergrey. Sometimes, I wish I could hear the disc the way I heard it for the first time and discover it all over again, not that listening to it over and over is bad, but there is a special mystery that excites me every single time I hear an Evergrey CD. It has only ever happened to me with another artist -- Porcupine Tree -- so, it is very rare, which is why I love Evergrey so much. It's not just music and lyrics, it's an experience which is often so moving you don't really recover. When ISOT came out, I seriously almost needed a new home. My x-fiance was so like "you need to put something else on." So, I put headphones on..hahahahahah!!! Notice, I did say X-fiance..hahahahhaha!! No one takes my Grey away....LOL!!! But it is often like that with me and Evergrey. I sink in, experience, feel emotions, feel the amazing music, contemplate what Tommy is saying, hear every little sound, contemplate how I feel -- its like nothing else and that is why they are so important to me. I do photography, so it would be like finding that photo that just speaks to you so much that you can never let it go and you want to look at it over and over again. That's my EG experience that I have had with every CD. And, I am one of the few that can say I still found gold with MMA & Torn, even if they were not as strong as the rest. They still spoke to me, and I still got so much out of them. Still in the Water is such a powerful song, it made me feel as if I was floating. I still get that feeling too. Just like when I put on Dark Discovery...a good disc always sounds good, regardless of age. Evergrey has managed that with every CD.

I know you said this board was hopping at one time. I would have to say that perhaps you should consider that many of us have gone through our 20s and 30 with Evergrey and now into our 40s. Many of us do not have the time we would like to post on boards, etc. I know I have not been a board person. I literally came here to say what I needed to say because I wanted Tommy & Evergrey to know we are still here, and we always have been, even if we do not post on the boards and he cannot see us. We are out here, waiting, listening, and enjoying every minute of it.

; )

I know you said this board was hopping at one time. I would have to say that perhaps you should consider that many of us have gone through our 20s and 30 with Evergrey and now into our 40s. Many of us do not have the time we would like to post on boards, etc. I know I have not been a board person. I literally came here to say what I needed to say because I wanted Tommy & Evergrey to know we are still here, and we always have been, even if we do not post on the boards and he cannot see us. We are out here, waiting, listening, and enjoying every minute of it.

; )

You've just spoke for me ...
Brilliant words!

Speaking of some people listening to Evergrey for a long time now:

I didn't even know Tom had a child until he had her contribute on "I'm Drowning Alone". Not only that, but she is 10...he has been a father for as long as I have been listening to EG...

Where does the time go?

Ok...I think we have the theme for the next EG album already! :p

I was turned on to Evergrey when I was 34, now I am facing 44!!! Last I remember, I was 28, which is thankfully what people tell me I still look like and I know I still act it..LOL!! Where does the time go? It's incredible how fast your life can go. Sooner or later I will start to act like an "adult," i.e., get married, etc. LOL!!

It took INOT and a few interviews for me to fall deeply for Tom and Evergrey. Music is such an important part of life and once you have a love for a particular artist for so long because they bring a certain magic, you do things like come here to make sure they know that the love is there and that people want them to stay. : ) Music is great that way -- the artist shares their life with you, and you with them really. Such an intangible yet deeply strong connection.

They can be sure that we, The Clan, are spreading the world in every faakkin part o the world. I'm in a small town (220.000), in the state of Sao Paulo - Brazil, using my t-shirts, telling other people, buying cds for friends, listening Still In the Water or More Than Ever in the maximum volume and telling everyone's, at least in our perimeter, the faakkin word of Evergrey!

BE SURE OF THAT!
WE ARE HERE !!

I LOVE THIS BAND ALMOST JUST AS MUCH I LOVE MY SON !!
FOREVERGREY !!

ps: maybe you guys that miss the rush here, could follow the band on facebook.com (http://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...f=notif&notif_t=feed_comment_reply#!/Evergrey). they often update the news there!

see ya ...

Well, I do not actually have a Facebook, or myspace, page, etc. But I will stop and read the wall to keep up with what is going on with them ;)