o/t anyone heard war of the worlds album?

PoolePaul

Apr 18, 2005
In a bar
hey...i know its a real old album, but lookin at some of the posts here, im guessin that theres a lot of early/mid 30yos here....has anyone heard that album....my folks had it when i was a kid.....had this massive gatefold with loads of pics...as much as it scared the shit out of me...i just kept listening...well....its been re-released on cd in 5:1....sounds pretty cheesy, but it still sounds killer...just got it at the weekend....still pretty weird to listen to......discuss.... :hotjump:

When I was young I remember hearing 'The Eve of the War' on radio, so when my sister got the gatefold LP a few years later I really got in to it, and yes it was a bit spooky. The art work is fantastic and Richard Burton's voice is wonderful as the narrator.

About 10 years ago I brought it on CD but the artwork is obviously alot smaller (sometimes i hate CDs). With the release of the film, myself and the wife listened to the CD and it is still superb, 'Forever autumn' is such a beautiful song. I just wish those fucking machines could win for a change.

That album rules... I don't care how dated it sounds, I still love going back and listening to it. As Mickenglanduk said, 'Forever Autumn' is such a great song, possibly one of the best Justin Hayward has ever performed... Richard Burton's narration is engaging, and Phil Lynott makes an appearance as the one army officer. It's just such a trip to listen to... I'm curious to listen to the re-release just to hear the remastering.