O/T: Bring on the Kings, the NBA finals have begun!

Yeah the Lakers fucked themselves good last night. Now they have to win 3 in row to avoid a dreaded game 7 in even more dreadful Arco. Ya know, it would have been ok to split games 3 and 4, but the Laker really needed to win game 3 and lose game 4, now like I said, they must win 3 in a row to avoid game 7. I hate to say it, but this may just be the Kings year. If so, my hats off to 'em. But you can't write off a team that is down 2 - 1, however, the Lakers are yet to show me that they are the better team this year.

ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY ROBERT HORRY

Horry is amazing. The pressure he faces on the basketball court is nothing compared to what he faces in his personal life. He has an 8-year-old daughter that was born without a chromosome and it has left her with a severe Cerebral Palsy-type ailment which has rendered her unable to talk. His family stays in Houston during the season because he doesn't want to take his daughter away from the therapists she has worked with all her life. That makes hitting a game-winning three like child's play.

Coop

Originally posted by coop
Horry is amazing. The pressure he faces on the basketball court is nothing compared to what he faces in his personal life. He has an 8-year-old daughter that was born without a chromosome and it has left her with a severe Cerebral Palsy-type ailment which has rendered her unable to talk. His family stays in Houston during the season because he doesn't want to take his daughter away from the therapists she has worked with all her life. That makes hitting a game-winning three like child's play.

Coop

All true. That child is the one who is truly amazing, she is an inspiration. Horry pretty much said what you said at the post game news conference, basically saying "if I miss big deal, it's just a game." Horry is a class act.

DAMN! What a game, what a game. Is Mike Bibby a player or what? Kobe had a chance to win it though. You think that shot ain't gonna be sticking in his mind until Friday? The Lakers will win Friday to force a game 7, and then it is anyone's game.........This is a damn good Kings team..................

Originally posted by TD
DAMN! What a game, what a game. Is Mike Bibby a player or what? Kobe had a chance to win it though. You think that shot ain't gonna be sticking in his mind until Friday? The Lakers will win Friday to force a game 7, and then it is anyone's game.........This is a damn good Kings team..................

WOW, what a fucking series Huh TD? Actually, when the series began, I remember saying to a couple of my friends that Bobbi Jackson and Bibby were the key to the series for the Kings. Bibby is so much more consistent than Jason Williams, and I knew clear back at the beginning of the season that Bibby was a key pickup for them. At this point in the series Bibby and Jackson have light up the Lakers front court with their speed, and Vlade has managed to maintain Shaq. All this and not to mention that Chris Webber has had some pretty good games and the Lakers are lucky they aren't down 3-1. However, we will really see what the Lakers are made of now, for this is the first time in the Lakers/Jackson era that they have even been tested! Now we will get to see if the Lakers also have the never say die in them! I think the 4th victory of the series will be the toughest for the Kings to get! It really doesn't get any better than this!

Cheerz!

AugDawg

I'm starting to think that the NBA is forcing the Kings/Lakers series to go the distance. The calls have been way to inconsistent. One moment the refs will call Shaq for an offensive call and then have a no-call the next time down the court. The first game of the series should set the tone for the rest of the games, but this year it changes from game to game and quarter to quarter. I don't care who wins between the Kings or Lakers, I just want to consistent calls. Off the subjects is it really that bad if the Boston fans chant "wife-beater" to Jason Kidd.

The funny thing about Kidd bitching is the fact that this is the same wife-beater who flipped off the bench and the crowd when he returned to Phoenix earlier in the season, and now he is whining about being heckled in Boston. Fuck Jason Kidd. Driving drunk and hitting your wife are not ways to act when you make millions of dollars and are playing a professional sport. In fact, they are no way to act even if you are making minimum wage and sweep floors.

Crucial game 7 Sunday. The Lakers have the second best game 7 record in NBA history (2nd to Boston of course) I don't think Phil has ever lost a game 7 (I think all the series he has lost were lost in 5 or 6, but I'm not sure). Arco will be fucking crazy. If Kobe and Shaq are to be legends like Michael, Magic, Bird et al, they win. Obviously, Bibby and Vlade might have something to say about that. Should be one of the best games in NBA history.

What a game. It never should have made it to overtime, but the better team prevailed...although Bibby was hot in the 4th though. Christie should take a hint and try a two-pointer instead of throwing up bricks all the time. Anyway, the Lakers are 3-time champs. The Nets will be lucky to push them to 5 games.

The overtime sucks though, because now I'm going to bed late, and I have to wake up early to watch Italy and Ecuador tomorrow.

Vlade: stop flopping and play some ball. C-Webb: stop pouting all the time. Doug Christie: stop waving to your wife every time you hit a bucket. Mike Bibby: I have no smack for you, you are a phenom. But anyway IT IS A DYNASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lakers rule

Phil Jackson wins championships like it is his job! Oh, wait a minute, it is his job!!!!! Can he win a 4th in a row??????????????? It's wierd, this winning a ring thing for Phil has become so routine, it is almost like when it finally happens, you're not that thrilled, you're just waiting to see if he can do it the next year. If he can lead this team to a 4th, he is officially a God. Kudos to Phil for getting Richmond in the game at the end, that was classy. I can't wait for next year.

I'm not sure exactly how much credit Phil should get, though. I think it makes his job easier when he's got arguably the best two players in the league playing on the same team...both in LA now and in Chicago during Jordan and Pippen's peaks.

Seeing how Kobe's got 3 more years on his contract and Shaq has 4, six in a row isn't entirely out of the question...that would definately prove Jackson's coaching ability if he could keep those two focussed (and friendly with each other) for that long a stretch.

Originally posted by nafnikufesin
I'm not sure exactly how much credit Phil should get, though. I think it makes his job easier when he's got arguably the best two players in the league playing on the same team...both in LA now and in Chicago during Jordan and Pippen's peaks.

Seeing how Kobe's got 3 more years on his contract and Shaq has 4, six in a row isn't entirely out of the question...that would definately prove Jackson's coaching ability if he could keep those two focussed (and friendly with each other) for that long a stretch.

True, true. But lets remember how this Lakers team got itself swept out of the playoffs every year until Phil showed up. I think if Phil would have won a title the year Jordan wasn't there at all in Chicago in 1994, he would have already cemented his legacy. 4 or 5 titles with this Lakers team should do the trick.

Originally posted by TD

True, true. But lets remember how this Lakers team got itself swept out of the playoffs every year until Phil showed up. I think if Phil would have won a title the year Jordan wasn't there at all in Chicago in 1994, he would have already cemented his legacy. 4 or 5 titles with this Lakers team should do the trick.

Amen Brother TD, Phil Jackson has had great players, no question. However, he also manages to get the best out of his players. My point in case, remember how Shaq got swept in his first finals experience by the Houston Rockets, Shaq seemed %100 frustrated and at the end he didn't even care(which I don't blame him cause it sucks to lose). But watching Shaq now is totally different, he has that killer instinct! Phil Jackson sure can motivate!

Cheerz!

AugDawg

Hey, to the two or three of you on here who still watch the NBA: What do you think the Lakers need via free agency this year to be able to four-peat and get past the Queens of Sacto (who are still whining). I think they need another power forward (Horry is more effective as a 6th man) and I think Charles Oakley would fit in nicely. They also need a true back-up center, why wouldn't Pat Ewing do it for a ring???? That would be bad-ass. They also need another ball handler in the backcourt, who can defend well against a Mike Bibby, I'm not sure who is available though. Bryant, O'Neal, Fox, Fisher, Horry, and maybe Shaw will be back next year, after that it is wide open.