O/T Children in public places

eighteeschick

Jul 12, 2005
Jersey Baby
A restaurant owner placed a sign on his door as a gentle "reminder" to parents to watch over their children. Here is the article - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10338070/

Personally, I agree with the guy and see nothing wrong his sign (I have an almost toddler-aged daughter and step-children for those that don't know). I know that there have been times when my evening has been ruined because parents let their kids run around, throw things on the floor, scream and yell, etc. Of course I expect that at McDonald's, Burger King, even an IHop or a Denny's. Maybe to some thats not a lot of dough but when I'm spending $50.00 to go out to eat, I don't want to hear or see children running all over the place and acting out, mainly because my child is home with a babysitter that I paid for so I could have a nice, quiet dinner with my hubby.

Any thoughts?

I like the one sign in the article "unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy." I agree, sometimes it does get out of hand. But sometimes watching little kids act up and piss off their parents is amusing. Then again, I don't have any, so it probably will come back to haunt me one day:erk:

I have seven children with my first wife and five children with my second wife and we just give them each a sleeping pill and that fixes all problems.

eighteeschick said:
A restaurant owner placed a sign on his door as a gentle "reminder" to parents to watch over their children. Here is the article - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10338070/

Personally, I agree with the guy and see nothing wrong his sign (I have an almost toddler-aged daughter and step-children for those that don't know). I know that there have been times when my evening has been ruined because parents let their kids run around, throw things on the floor, scream and yell, etc. Of course I expect that at McDonald's, Burger King, even an IHop or a Denny's. Maybe to some thats not a lot of dough but when I'm spending $50.00 to go out to eat, I don't want to hear or see children running all over the place and acting out, mainly because my child is home with a babysitter that I paid for so I could have a nice, quiet dinner with my hubby.

Any thoughts?

That is awesome. I don't see what the big uproar is for though. If you don't like the restaurant's policies, fucking go somewhere else. Same thing for smoking, for that matter. (and I'm a non-smoker)

Karina_666 said:
I like the one sign in the article "unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy." I agree, sometimes it does get out of hand. But sometimes watching little kids act up and piss off their parents is amusing. Then again, I don't have any, so it probably will come back to haunt me one day:erk:

Me too!

I also like driving slowly past people with really huge dogs so their dog has more time to go out of control and nearly drags the owner along.

I've actually been to that bakery, and I applaud that guy. I can't believe how many parents don't control their kids. My sister has 3 kids under 5, and they don't act like little monsters while out because my sis has taught them how to act in public places.

I heard a great story about a mom whos kid started screaming and lying on the floor because she wanted some toy or something. The mom had enough of it and suddenly did the same, the 3-4 year old kid stared at her mom lying screaming on the floor. I bet she thought "Oh, a mom isn´t supposed to act this way". The kid fell silent, it looked like she was ashamed of her mom but at least she was behaving.

Good for this guy. I'm parent and I'm for it. My wife and I let a friend stay over for a few days and I wanted to smack her four year old for his behaviour.
I realize he's four but some shit doesn't need to happen.

If you don't start at day one with your kids - they'll be calling you from jail when they're 15.

I have four kids and my wife and i do not tolerate any acting up and have walked out of restaurants etc right back to the car because of it.

IAN442 said:
I have four kids and my wife and i do not tolerate any acting up and have walked out of restaurants etc right back to the car because of it.
Is that what you told the cops when you got busted for skipping out on the bill?

Dumbass,,,i pay the bill...

usually my wife stays to pay while i enforce the punishment...sorry im not a cheapskate bastard like that.

That sign is extremely polite. One around here reads " Any children after 6:00 will be sold as slaves". I don't have kids either but just this last Sunday two different couples walk into this restuarant/Sports Bar(thus chicken wings) with infants while people are drinking, cursing and being obnoxious. I feel I have no right to judge but it just rubs me the wrong way. I had this friend through fantasy football league a few years ago who would bring his kid up to this Sports bar with him. Now the 11-year old is in the league!!! And winning too, the little #$%@^!

Arg, i have a 7 year old boy, 6 year old boy, 3 year old girl and my 1 month old son...and now im sterile and done with having more children...:D

I have no problem with the sign. I can't tell you how many times I've almost fought in Chucky Cheese because parents don't watch thier children. However, I would like to know if that sign is still up there after he has children of his own! LOL!!!

that story arg hamster told about the woman throwing a tantrum to stop her kid having one.....is an advert on tv at the moment in the uk, its a bad bad advert, someone should throw something at the daft hag

i agree with roald dahl , kids stinka nd should be turned into mices ( i hate those mices to pieces)