o/t computer ram help

mrthrax

riffer madness
Feb 17, 2002
australia
Visit site
hi people just wanna get a few opinions on how to fix my 128 ram,i have been told that the type of motherboard and ram i use is a bit too old to upgrade,anyways someone told me i can use part of my hardrive to act as ram,i have 2 hardrives and i am wondering is it easy to configure using old hardrive for extra ram,the reason i ask this is because when i play tiger woods golf at least once a game screen minimises and says low on virtual memory and i am getting sick of it lol,also could the problem be graphics card,i have ge force 2 3d 32 meg which is a good card but maybe its struggling a bit and its putting pressure on ram....who knows.

thanks very much.

and i am wondering is it easy to configure using old hardrive for extra ram

You could do this BUT it is not as fast as using regular ram.

There are several options you can take, you could search on ebay for memory--generally you can get a good deal or if buying on ebay scares you you can checkout newegg for pricing.

As far as video cards go, having a vid card with only 32megs on ram could cause a bottleneck on the system. New cards come with a minimum of 128 megs. I would suggest ebay once again and look for a Nvidia MX or Geforce series card.

I was in the same situation last spring, my comp was too old to just be upgraded with a new processor and RAM. I pretty much bought a new computer, new HD, RAM, motherboard, graphics-card and so on. I "sold" my old 128-RAM to my friend for a couple of bucks.

A good graphics- and videocard improves a so-so computer a lot.

Arg_Hamster said:
I was in the same situation last spring, my comp was too old to just be upgraded with a new processor and RAM. I pretty much bought a new computer, new HD, RAM, motherboard, graphics-card and so on. I "sold" my old 128-RAM to my friend for a couple of bucks.

A good graphics- and videocard improves a so-so computer a lot.

i will probably buy a new computer in a year or so,my problem is solved now,just played tiger woods and didnt have one virtual mem problem,thanks void:worship: