Help me choose new components for my computer.

Jackal_Strain

Sigurd Løberg
Feb 16, 2006
Trondheim, Norway
Here's what happened. My girlfriend didn't see the need to shut off my computer properly and now it's fucked. I need a new motherboard, cpu, ram and probably a new graphics card as well (though this isn't essential).

I'm a total noob when it comes to these things, so I'd appreciate some help in choosing these parts. My budget is aproximately 650€$.

-Sigurd-

Break up with her :lol:

Sorry to insist, but as you said you were a newbie, are you sure EVERYTHING broke down?

No, I'm pretty sure only my hd got seriously fucked, but i see this as an opportunity to upgrade everything else.

+1 dexter, I call BS, even pulling the power chord directly from the wall will only result in registry errors which if there are enough of them will prevent the computer from starting correctly. Registry errors can also happen from programs crashing or downloading corrupt files off the web or even corrupted files that have resulted in viruses. If the computer is messed up to the point of booting normally the windows recovery console is a great thing. just pop your CD in while the PC is booting up and make sure the CD Drive is set to boot before the HDD in the bios and run the recovery console so you can run a chkdsk (check disk utility).

Should fix the job. If by chance you had a hardware failure, it wasn't from your idiot girlfriend, that was just a coincidence although hardware in question could fail as a result in program crashes and say pulling the power, but that means that piece was about to go anyway in the very not so distant future.

Here's what happened. My girlfriend didn't see the need to shut off my computer properly and now it's fucked. I need a new motherboard, cpu, ram and probably a new graphics card as well (though this isn't essential).

I'm a total noob when it comes to these things, so I'd appreciate some help in choosing these parts. My budget is aproximately 650€$.

-Sigurd-

jesus christ who the fuck would do that

this free program will clear up registry errors for you: http://www.ccleaner.com/

run it every week or so.