O/T Death Magnetic

I can't listen it to on headphones. The compression and clipping is insufferable. Why master the cd sooo damn loud? It really sounds terrible on close listen.

I already thought that I was the only one who heard this, glad to see that I'm not alone on this. I like the new album, I listen to it in the car all the time, but when I play it on a proper stereo cd-player in my livingroom I don't like the sound at all (at times), especially when I listen to it on the headphones. It sounds like it was recorded too loud!
So, I agree with you on this!

I have bought the CD - great cover artwork btw. I have yet to listen to it with my headphones but I think the production is OK. Different, maybe too loud, but OK.

I just listened to it yesterday, and I like it. I didn't listen to St. Anger as everyone I talked to said it sucked. But this one sounds like a step towards Metallica going back to the heavier stuff.

i've given up on those candy boy frauds ever going back to what they were.

if i get the urge to hear a band that's taken the right step back to 'what they were', i'll just pop in the last one by Testament.

i've given up on those candy boy frauds ever going back to what they were.

if i get the urge to hear a band that's taken the right step back to 'what they were', i'll just pop in the last one by Testament.

I say, give it a try.