Death Magnetic (all of it) leaks

You know that Chili Peppers song, "Standing in line at the show tonight at the marquee.." or however that god awful song goes. Even Californication. That is similar production to Day That Never Comes, and some of the rest of the album. Its some weird effect with the vocals, like it puts it in front separated kind of shit. Even the way the song begins is Chili Peppers like. I am talking modern sell out Peppers not the old stuff. Hammett has that terriible chorus effect on his guitar. I hate it. It sounds disgusting. I really think its over produced and they should stick with their Marshall sound. .

I heard the album is Now been #1 for 3 weeks in a row on billboard. I haven't heard all of it and am in no hurry to. Metallica is dead to me. I've lost complete interest.It's too late for redemption.
When "Load" came out that was at a time Metal was barely breathing. with their fame and success they could have been the saviors of Metal.They could still pack arenas so they could have put out an album like the one they've put out now and toured with some kick ass Metal bands and rejuvinate the scene.Instead the band that used to refuse to conform conformed to fit in with the current climate at the time to be more MTV & radio friendly. They had garbage bands like Limp Biscuit & Kid Rock touring with them.:puke:

After the "Load/ReLoad" fiasco they promised a return to the Heavy with "St. Anger". What killed it for me was that disgraceful MTV Icon special that aired coinciding with the release of "St. Anger". NO ONE and I mean NO ONE from Metallica's past was on that show to celebrate with them. Not Raven,Venom,Mercyful Fate,Anthrax,or Slayer? Not even Motorhead or even Ozzy??Instead we see Lars talking about being honored by their "peers" and we get mother fucking Snoop Dog,Lisa Marie Presley & Avril Lavine??? That was so far removed from Metal and classified them more as a mainstream act completely separated from their roots. It was all about what was good for TV ratings and what was hip & current.Again a Metallica special would have gained huge ratings regardless so why not do it right? So after that I officially declared Metallica "Dead".
What I've heard of the new material sound like they're just going through the motions trying to live up to what they once were.yeah they're touring with Lamb of God and even Machine Head but it's too late for redemption in my book.

I am with you on this. I have said Metallica has been dead since the Black Album came out. I don't really give a shit what anyone says or how they try to justify it Metallica SOLD OUT and went for the $$$$. It worked for them they made their millions but lost all credibility in the eyes of the fans that got them to where they were. I think they are a disgrace to metal music and will never ever purchase anything that profits them

That being said I downloaded the album and its a good album. But yes it doesn't even come close to the first 4 records. Those that compare this to Justice are insane

I still like Metallica, but they are a joke in many ways from the whole Napster thing to Whiskey in the Jar. They also kick ass in a lot of ways. I still love James's voice, Lars drums and the ripping solos. It's hard to think they even now, they are going for the $$$ and fame. I remember when the Black Album came out when I was in high school, and I hated it for the most part, and people said they just wanted to make money for this one record, then go back to Full Hesh Metal. Well, it never really panned out. People change as they get older, and its ok to not be full on Metal at their age. Not everyone is Peter Pan like Danny. But there is no sustitute for good music. This new album, just isn't that good besides a few songs. If it was soft jazz but good I'd liek it. I dont care what genre. But my gripe is its production. I think producres is what makes the money,

People change as they get older, and its ok to not be full on Metal at their age. Not everyone is Peter Pan like Danny. ,

Thier age? When the black album came out (which was not 'full on Metal' they were still young. You are going to say in the few years it took from Justice to the Black album they got THAT much older that they went from Thrash gods to Commercial Sell outs? I doubt that. This is the same time that bands like Slayer, Testament, Iron Maiden, Anthrax, Exodus and all of their peers were just as old if not older than them yet continued to put out thrash albums. We are talking 20 years ago. Now 20 years later they finally put out a record that is somewhat worthy of listening to. But even this record falls way short of the early days, especially like you said in the production category. I wish these bands would just pull out the exact same recording riggs that they used during their prime. All the pro tools, digital era stuff has ruined the sound of the classic thrash / metal bands.

That is why I have so much respect for Iron Maiden. They are older than all of those guys in Metallica and still put out great albums, sell out every show and get NO radio play or promotion. You will never hear Iron Maiden on KROQ giving a preview of their new album talking with those fags like Jed the fish or what ever the fuck his name is.

Further more if a band like Metallica wants to start writing pussy ass music like they have done the past 20 years they honestly should have just started side projects or just changed thier name from having 'metal' in it.

Just like if the guys in Slayer decided to stop playing thrash/speed metal I highly doubt they would do that, but if they ever did I can garuntee you they would change their name or break off into side projects.

Thankfully a band named Pantera came around just as the black album came out and they took over where Metallica left off. RIP DIME!

Hey bro, dont get so angry. They are just a band.

Black Album they were young and was only a few years after Justice. Totally agree. That album was clearly the dictionary definition of sell out. A complete disgrace to the metal community. Even their photo sessions of them with nicely cut hair. But now in 2008, these guys just aren't headbangers anymore. It makes no sense to put out serious metal, since they are living a luxury lifestyle. You can only write what you are feeling. You can fake it, but it wont come off as genuine. Are they faking it now? I dont know.