WKND Haul - Death Magnetic wow a good Metallica Album!!!

Yeah, I got a Big Elf album off iTunes when I saw they were one of the bands opening for Dream Theater and Opeth when I'm in London. Had a listen to the other band (can't even remember their name) but they didn't interest me.

Must admit that there are only three songs on Stormbringer that I like - Highball Shooter, Soldier of Fortune and the title track - but there's some really good stuff on Come Taste the Band. Coverdale and Hughes should hurry up and do another album together.

Hmm... I really like Stormbringer... The title track, Soldier of Fortune, Hold On, Gypsy.... and Blackmores solo in HOLD ON is wowsers!
Burn is great too but I agree with Spiff... Come Taste The Band is strong from start to finish. The chemistry between Hughes/Coverdale and Bolin on that album totally outshined Lord and Paice.
Comin Home, The Drifter, The Dealer, You Keep on Moving, THis Time Around, Getting Tighter... all great shit.

Then again, I also like Who Do We Think We Are... Rat Bat Blue is tops. They were on fire with In Rock > Fireball > Machine Head > Made in Japan though.....

Tez, I had to get my Big Elf album off eBay. Haven't seen it in JB. But it is a great album... worth getting for sure.

No, it was Unexpect. I arrive in London that morning so I'll probably miss Bigelf and Unexpect anyway, depending when I wake up. Hopefully Unexpect is first, won't bother me that much then.

Everything Deep Purple have done since Steve Morse joined is pure gold.
If you start with anything and you're listening to them out of appreciation of good music in general, start with Purpendicular.
If you are listening to them more out of appreciation of classic hard rock you probably won't get so much value out of them as Blackmore albums. >=1990's Deep Purple is where it's at though.

Fuck oath you do mate, the only track I am over if I am paying attention is the instrumental, it's a little repetitive, but the new instrumental on Endgame is fucking awesome, great way to start an album off

Hammett's playing on Death Magnetic made my jaw drop. Up til now, he's obviously only been playing what Jaymz and Lars have told him to play, and this time he just went "Fuck you! You didn't let me do anything on St Anger, and look how shit it was. This time, I'm playing what I want to play." Or something.

I agree. I think he needed to make a statement, and that is what he has done. The solos and guitar melodies on The Day That Never Comes are awesome, and a perfect highlight of Hammett's skills as a lead guitarist and James' skills as a rhythm guitarist at the same time. Great song.