WKND Haul - Death Magnetic wow a good Metallica Album!!!

AussieTerry84

\m/ Scanner Scrag \m/
Jun 22, 2008
Picked up:

*Metallica - Death Magnetic
*My Dying Bride - For Lies I Sire
*Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath
*Thin Lizzy - Johnny The Fox

Seriously suprised n shocked at how good Death Magnetic is after how horrible St Anger was. It almost sounds like this SHOULD have been the next album after teh Black Album.

yeah i got the digi-pack comes with a guitar pic and a lil book with ASCII guitar tab for some of the songs, pretty cool.

I wonder although prob wrong but i wonder if the recent big trend in guitar based video games triggered this idea? As its not even real tab its the very basic ASCII

yeah its actually an album I WANNA CONSTANTLY LISTEN TO! which is pretty amazing when their last few albums have been so mediocre!

I like that, alot of bands are releasing some of their best stuff in ages late in their life! e.g. Kreator with Enemy of God, thats a masterpiece!

Death Magnetic is indeed a brilliant release. Looking forward to see what Dave Mustaine is gonna come up with for Megadeth, because we all know it is a competitive thing, even after all these years of saying it's not

liked the Sabbath album so much today i spent $72 at JB n picked up:

Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Black Sabbath - Sabotage
Black Sabbath - Master of Reality
Black Sabbath - Technical Ectasy

:headbang:

The post Ozzy albums like with Dio n etc don't have that stoner feel to them do they? I've only ever heard that Sabbath/Dio song Tv Crimes to go by.

haven't got any Dio albums yet, not even Holy Diver! I've got some Rainbow though! Really dig Rainbow!

I love 70's rock so much :p I guess thats why im such a fan of stoner rock.

liked the Sabbath album so much today i spent $72 at JB n picked up:

Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Black Sabbath - Sabotage
Black Sabbath - Master of Reality
Black Sabbath - Technical Ectasy

:headbang:

Should have held out ... cause they have released so far BS, Paranoid and MOR as Remasters with bonus tracks etc. The remainder are set to be released later this year SEPT I think...

Nice haulage

Terry u'll enjoy SABOTAGE, great fukin Album as all of those are even TECHINICAL ECTASY....

yeah Sabotage is my fav atm :p

being a guitarist i just love the 70's marshall tone, so i love listening to this shit!

n i dont have the cash for those bonus ones :p, i checked prices the bonus ones are $34 or so at JB but standard is $18

I like Technical Ecstacy....

The Dio albums are must have. Especially heaven and Hell. Probably my favorite Sabbath album.
The Rainbow albums are fantastic too... all of them.
Holy Diver should be in your collection already.

Go get Deep Purple albums next.

Ooh... and checkout a band called BIG ELF. They are a modern band but sound like a mix between The Beatles and Sabbath and Zeppelin and Purple and Golden Earring etc...
Their album CHEAT THE GALLOWS is tops... sounds right up your alley. Have a look at some clips on YouTube (watch the video for Money, It's Pure Evil and Blackball)

ooo i'll def checkout Big Elf is their shit easy to find at JB HI FI? CBF ordering online :p, i like going out instead of being home.