O/T Fitting a kill switch?

Jockthrax

Mar 9, 2002
Glasgow
www.anthrax.com
Does anyone on the board know how difficult it is 2 fit a kill switch, i have stupidly ordered one online and havvn't a clue how to fit the bastard. I was gonna put it on my Dean ML replacing one of the tone pots? Or should i just not bother and leave it to a profesional?

Are you going for the same type of thing that Scott had on his JJ guitars? Where did you order the switch from? I'm also thinking about possibly doing that in the future.

just one question there....how u gonna make the kill switch engage.....:( ....sorry....poor numetal joke there (HOW I HATE NUMETAL)....but couldnt resist

I know this is an old thread, but the mod is well simple. I'd drill a new hole then a couple of solders and you're done. It's the kinda job you can fuck up tho' so I'd go to a pro. In glasgow make it Jimmy Egypt(otago st) or Jimmy moon(pollokshaws rd). Those 2 idiots that run strung out couldn't restring a tele between them, avoid like the fkn plague.

wiring it is easy if you can solder (i have one on one of my guitars)

all you need to do is use the switch to connect the 'hot' and 'ground' lines together (ie the two halves of the jack) so when you hit the switch they are conneted

the biggest problem is the hole you will need to mount it, i used a toggle switch (just a £1.49 one from maplins) which i found fits perfectly with a washer to hold it in place, but i dont know how the one you ordered needs mounted, you may be in luck and all it needs is the same hole as a pot, or it could need drilled

David

Teacher Dave said:
I know this is an old thread, but the mod is well simple. I'd drill a new hole then a couple of solders and you're done. It's the kinda job you can fuck up tho' so I'd go to a pro. In glasgow make it Jimmy Egypt(otago st) or Jimmy moon(pollokshaws rd). Those 2 idiots that run strung out couldn't restring a tele between them, avoid like the fkn plague.

Hi Dave, Mr Egypt's getting my buisiness i think. I got my 12 string fixed there a few years ago so it's going in there on saturday.