O/T: GameCube Freeze up

TD

HAS INTEGRITY
My GameCube has "froze" on me twice (which isn't a lot considering how much I play it) but has anyone else had this problem??? Naturally it occurs at the most inopportune time: during the 3rd quarter of a tight playoff game in QBClub, and during the Hoth Battle sequence in Rogue Squadron (the greatest game ever)........I just hope this isn't a recurring problem.

Try calling Nintendo. Maybe they can fix it under warranty. Nintendo used to be cool back in the day of the NES. I had a NES Advantage controller and it broke. I called Nintendo and they fixed it for free (I just paid for shipping it to them).
But that was then...
If they want to charge you to fix it, do what I did with my PlayStation when it started freezing on me--the oldest model PlayStations used to overheat and freeze.
Sony wanted to charge me $70 bucks!! To fix a DEFECTIVE PRODUCT!!!! So I took it out on my local retailer:
I bought a new PlayStation, put my overheaded PlayStation in the box, and got a refund.

It has only happened twice in 6 mo's so I ain't too worried. I was just reading a rogue squadron faq, and it said that the game (Rogue) freezes a lot.....i think this is comparable to how on snes and 64, games (mario for instance) would get really ssssssllllloooooowwww when there were too many characters moving around (like the mushroom guys from mario) If this problem becomes a problem (huh) I will call Nintendo. I've owned every system they've released (sans virtual boy) so they should be good to me.

I've had my Game Cube since Christmas and I've had no problems so far. For sure TD, you may want to clean your game cube to keep it up and running. I myself have already gone through a can of compressed air cleaning my game cube, and they actually have certified Game cube cleaning kits which can be purchased at most game/electronics stores. The only problem with disk based systems, is that they can get dirty and start to have reading problems. It sounds like your Game cube is OK though, it only sounds like you may want to dust it off TD.

Cheerz!

AugDawg