O/T: Halford

sufferer

Feb 18, 2002
St. Petersburg, FL
Anyone see Headbanger's Ball last week (or maybe the week before, my DVR records it) they had some cool classic Priest stuff, but the big thing for me was seeing "Into the Pit" live from Fight from the MTV studios. Man that band was so driving and incredible, Rob's vocals live were just like the record, brought back cool memories. I remember when that first aired, I was a fan. Anyone see it?

Anyone see Headbanger's Ball last week (or maybe the week before, my DVR records it) they had some cool classic Priest stuff, but the big thing for me was seeing "Into the Pit" live from Fight from the MTV studios. Man that band was so driving and incredible, Rob's vocals live were just like the record, brought back cool memories. I remember when that first aired, I was a fan. Anyone see it?

I didn't even know Headbangers Ball was still on TV. Fight was pretty cool. I just have never been into Rob Halford too much. I know people call him 'the metal god' and all of that. But too me it is too high pitched. Ressurection was a good Solo album as well. But I can only take Halford in small doses. ANd I just can't handle watching him in interviews. When he says "metal" it sounds like he is saying "Mehhhchaall" and spits. Drives me nuts lol.

PS. This is probably the video you are speaking of

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that's the vid, I normally don't like high-pitched vocals myself but you gotta admit he owned live on this one. I liked Fight back in the day because the music was so much more driving and had a lot of low-end. I guess that's the influence of nu-metal though, heard it on Slayer's Diabolus too. I personally like it as I do the old school. Rob's bass player is as intense as anyone, that guy rules.

Yeah that's the vid, I normally don't like high-pitched vocals myself but you gotta admit he owned live on this one. I liked Fight back in the day because the music was so much more driving and had a lot of low-end. I guess that's the influence of nu-metal though, heard it on Slayer's Diabolus too. I personally like it as I do the old school. Rob's bass player is as intense as anyone, that guy rules.

Yeah this was definitely a bad ass performance. I can handle Rob Halford in small doses. Once my ear drums start to sting I have to turn it off lol. At least in this video he wasn' wearing short shorts with a leather jacket and his leather hat :guh: