O/T...James, do you remember this?

Lopes said:
I don't like either one, they both come off as overly arrogant and I like to see people like that get taken down a notch, I just like Hughes a lot less. I know Gracie probably won't win, but I would get a certain amount of joy out of seeing "the best fighter in UFC" get beat by an old man.

Hmm....I never thought Hughes was arrogant. Gracie on the other hand needs a reality check.

Liam Thompson said:
Should be a great technical fight, really looking forward to it. can't see Gracie winning though.

It is going to be a great fight. I just don't understand what Gracie is thinking. Till this day he still is saying "I am going to tap him out". Sure the possibility is there but so is the possiblity of Hughs picking him up and slamming him to the ground. If you ask me Gracie really needs to widen his look at the sport. Things are so diffrent now and a huge factor to Gracies winnings is because NO ONE ELSE TRAINED liked he did. Now a days everyone is so damn well rounded it is impossible to get by on one style.

chadsxe said:
It is going to be a great fight. I just don't understand what Gracie is thinking. Till this day he still is saying "I am going to tap him out". Sure the possibility is there but so is the possiblity of Hughs picking him up and slamming him to the ground. If you ask me Gracie really needs to widen his look at the sport. Things are so diffrent now and a huge factor to Gracies winnings is because NO ONE ELSE TRAINED liked he did. Now a days everyone is so damn well rounded it is impossible to get by on one style.
But if you look at it from Hughes' side, what is he thinking? It's lose lose for him, if he wins, big deal he beat an old man, if he loses, he got beat by an old man.

I also agree that Gracie needs to expand his style of fighting to really compete with the fighters today because just about everybody knows BJJ and is fairly comfortable on the ground, so Gracie doesn't have the advantage that he used to, plus he can't wear his Gui anymore so it won't be as easy for him to keep someone from sliding out of his grip.

Lopes said:
But if you look at it from Hughes' side, what is he thinking? It's lose lose for him, if he wins, big deal he beat an old man, if he loses, he got beat by an old man.

I also agree that Gracie needs to expand his style of fighting to really compete with the fighters today because just about everybody knows BJJ and is fairly comfortable on the ground, so Gracie doesn't have the advantage that he used to, plus he can't wear his Gui anymore so it won't be as easy for him to keep someone from sliding out of his grip.

Yeah but it was not Hughes who called out Gracie. It was Gracie who called out Hughes. Hughes said from day one that he wanted to fight BJ Penn (SP) because he lost to him.

James Murphy in Article said:
They were looking for much more uncontrolled, crazy whammy-bar style player and I played too melodic for them.

Stupid kids... Yeah, Allen West sure plays better than James. :lol:
James' solos on Cause Of Death are a plain example how a lead guitar should be played - tastefully! Hats off to James! :worship:

don't know who the hell Hughes and Gracie are, but i do remember that article.. have a copy or two of the mag around some where.