O/T Napalm Death Prague 9.7

Drokk

Scavenger of Human Sorrow
Apr 28, 2005
Peklo
Napalm Death with 3 support bands pummelled Prague last night in a small rock club called Matrix. I'm tired, hungover and my neck is stiff and sore. Signs of a kick-ass night! The opening act was the Czech band Vibratörr, featuring, behind the kit, none other than our own JohnnieCzech! A fun time; groovy mid-tempo metal with occasional thrash. Nice riffs! Good headbanging. Took a little while for the crowd to get warmed up; a lot of punks standing around looking sceptical. Nevertheless, Vojta and I got the energy going ;)
Up next, German band End of Days. They upped the intensity. I was impressed by their energy, particularly the vocalist. I'll probably check out their records.
Next was Diecast, from Boston. They fucking kicked ass! Energy and intensity was raised again; great vocalist, even if very Corey Taylor-inspired. Johnnie and I were particulary impressed with the drummer; Johnnie said he even topped the mighty Danny Herrara! They played a fucking killer Raining Blood. Nice guys, too. If y'all like stuff like Killswitch, check these guys out.

Needless to say, Napalm was awesome. Jesus. Now that I've finally experienced a pit here in the Czech Republic, I much prefer how they do it to the macho fucking thug posturing in U.S. pits. Anyway, it feels good to do this at 30; I refuse to "grow" out of this! Great show, 4 killer bands, all for 350 Kc. Let's say, what, 15€? Got 2 CDs for 600Kc; not bad! This is how it should be.

Just like you said-Napalm Death kicked the fucking ass! Sooo energical and kicking. The pit was insane.
But I was probably more impressed by the Diecast from Boston, who were fucking awesome. Their drummer Jason-super cool guy btw, he even gave me a fan next to the kit, without which I would probably have died onstage (sooo fucking hot!)-pissed over Slayer drummers during Raining Blood. No shit. They will do some headlining shows in here in winter, let´s see what we can do to open for them again :)
It was overall an awesome experience for me coz it was the first time we were opening for such a legend. An outstanding night.