O/T: New Slayer Album - title announced

dailyvault

35 and counting...
May 2, 2005
Gurnee, IL
Got this from a publicist this evening ... the new album is to be titled Christ Illusion. Release date is August 8.

Sorry if someone else already posted this news.

Well that's a lame fucking title. I'm done with Slayer. They are completely out of ideas, have nothing new to say, have no passion left, no creativity. Why do they keep making records? Well, they can't retire yet. I've just listened to Hell Awaits; wow, what a difference. What a fucking kick-ass thrash record! And there is actual bass tone! Killer riffs! I like it more than Reign in Blood.

They are a band that clearly just doesn't have much to express creatively any more, if they ever have. The same shit again, same chord changes, almost the same fucking riffs, arranged just slightly differently, judging by Cult. I'm no fan of religion, but come on, we got the idea 20 years ago with Jesus Saves.

The rest of the record might make me eat these words, but I doubt it. I won't buy it, so fuck knows when I'll hear all of it. Meh.

I actually like Slayer's new direction better than the old. Yea I like the classics but I can't relate fantasy horror lyrics to my own life and lyrics to me are as important if not more important than the music. Slayer's lyrics now are about reality of human life instead of fantasy and I relate so much more to their lyrics now. Payback? Oooo...this is an anthem for everyone's ass you've ever wanted to kick, that gets me going. Just my liking...

Slayer's lyrics now are about reality of human life instead of fantasy and I relate so much more to their lyrics now.
Reality ? I feel sorry for you. I think Slayers alright but, it's more funny to me. I can't take this shit seriously. Slayer peddled this same garbage for 20 + years. This is the band where the guys should be in therapy. Slayer needs a hug.

Slayer's just the tip of the iceberg there. Have you been to a metal show lately?

this whole "i hate god and god hates me" shit is getting old because thats all slayer ever sings,talks, or writes about and they have been doing it their whole career i mean come on the first couple albums it was great because nobody did that but now everybody does that and it making slayer look like any other ordinary band when in reality slayer is inovaters and is the oposite of any ordinary band

GregadetH said:
Thank you Slayer for feeding us the same shit for 20+ years.

Move the fuck on already.

I always thought they were a Christian band.

No Honest ... I did.

:loco:

*takes medication*

you can just imagine slayer huddled around a little tombola , spinning it wildly, filled with words like jesus, hate, god, kill etc etc............

kerry: (pulls out a word from the tombola) ...hey i got christ!!,
tom: hmmmm.... i got illusion
kerry: i think we're done here

Jono said:
WHAT?!?!?!?
i din't know that
-Jono-

I've seen interviews with him where it's been brought up and he just says he doesn't mind singing the "Satanic" songs because they don't mean anything or something like that. To be honest, I've tried to find something about this on the net and I can't find much at all. A quote about him saying he believes "Christ brought us love" from Wikipedia is about it.
Maybe someone else can clarify it a bit more.