O/T SLAYER-The Hardest Working Metal Band!!!

Feb 19, 2002
New York
Visit site
If you guys didn't know already, Slayer is on tour again this August. They hit NYC on the 13th. Tickets are on sale now. In Flames and Soulfly support. Not too thrilled about Soulfly (rather have Anthrax). But In Flames fucking shreds.

Originally posted by Stoner Sioux
I saw Slayer last Novemeber and they were fucking awesome live. They did an in-store here so I got lucky enough to meet them too! They have a strange choice of support bands though. In Flames and Soulfly just don't go together.
That's really no stranger than seeing Panter with Soulfly, Morbid Angel, and Nothingface together. I thought it was odd se to see Soulfly having the christian influence of Max and Morbid Angel who is supposed to be a satanic band.

Originally posted by The Man

That's really no stranger than seeing Panter with Soulfly, Morbid Angel, and Nothingface together. I thought it was odd se to see Soulfly having the christian influence of Max and Morbid Angel who is supposed to be a satanic band.

Is Max a born again Christian or what? Morbid Angel isn't really a Satanic band.

Originally posted by The Man

If you think it is strange that Soulfly would play on the same bill as a satanic band (supposedly), I read an interview a while back in which Tom Araya mentioned that he was a born again Christian. He just said that he sings the lyrics, but doesn't necessarilly endorse them or anything. For instance, he really disagreed with the song "In the Name of God", but its his job to be the vocalist, so he doesn't gripe about it.

That born again thing is really weird. I come from the most atheist country and I just can´t get it.