O/T New Slayer "Implode"

Sounds like a b-side from World Painted Blood, which was average in itself IMO.

I found nothing wrong with it. Pretty much how Slayer has sounded since God Hates Us All. People should already know what to expect. I don't get why everyone expects them to make Reign In Blood 2. Those days are gone and they're never coming back.

Jeff Hanneman was the heart & soul of Slayer. Without his song writing, this just sounds tired. It's Slayer by numbers.

I wish Kerry & Tom would have called the band something else moving forward and had Gary Holt contribute to songwriting in the "new" band.

Jeff Hanneman was the heart & soul of Slayer. Without his song writing, this just sounds tired. It's Slayer by numbers.

I wish Kerry & Tom would have called the band something else moving forward and had Gary Holt contribute to songwriting in the "new" band.

Are you a Slayer fan or a Jeff fan?

Are you a Slayer fan or a Jeff fan?

I could ask you the same question, Are you an Anthrax fan or a Joey & Dan Spitz fan?

I'm a Slayer fan, who thinks that the vast majority of their best songs were written by Jeff. 2/4th's of Slayer is still there, but unlike Anthrax where Scott & Charlie who write everything are still there and still the heart & soul of the band... Slayer's just not the same anymore.

I hate to bash Slayer, but found the last several albums boring and repetitive.

I say this when comparing Testament. Testament has always had a solid sound full of rhythm and harmony. Slayers music was always flat and 2D as in Two Dimensions

I absolutely love Christ Illusion, and think it's their most underrated record from their catalogue. Tracks like Flesh Storm, Skeleton Christ, Jihad etc are amazing IMHO.

I'll have to listen to them again and compare. Deicide is a band i could compare how everything sounded the same, Deicide started out as a killer band

I only have up to Christ Illusion and have not listened to World Painted Blood.

God Hates Us All seems a bit annoying and too rushed. Christ Illusion is much better

I like Slayer, but for the life of me I can't really hear much difference in anything they've recorded since Diabolus.