O/T New Slayer "Implode"

Ok personally I think they peaked (song writing wise) with Seasons in the Abyss which still for me is their best album (and most diverse - there's even some fucking melody in it).

GHUA had it moments as did Christ Illusion and World Painted Blood but too many fillers IMO.

I still find that I listen to Seasons & Diablous the most (yep that Nu Metal album ...hehehe).

That era of Seasons of the Abyss (circa 1990) was a pretty special year for Thrash Metal for me (and I'm sure most of you too).
Spoilt with 4 of my favourite bands best albums (IMO). Megadeth with Rust in Peace, Slayer's Seasons in the Abyss and of course Anthrax's Persistence of Time. Also still on high play rotation was Metallica's ... And Justice for All (which I know was released in 88).

SPOILT!!!

Ok personally I think they peaked (song writing wise) with Seasons in the Abyss which still for me is their best album (and most diverse - there's even some fucking melody in it).

GHUA had it moments as did Christ Illusion and World Painted Blood but too many fillers IMO.

I still find that I listen to Seasons & Diablous the most (yep that Nu Metal album ...hehehe).
So funny Diabolus is one of my favs too, "nu metal" with the low end and groove but I love the shear violence and hate on that album, both with the songs and the album artwork. They got groovier as all the thrash bands did mandatorily at the time but they sure didn't get happier lol!

I still don't know about Christ Illusion. I listened to it like twice and both times I almost fell asleep. It was probably the most boring Slayer record to me, but who knows, maybe if I gave it a chance now I might as well like it.