O/T Satellite Radio

onemanstandsthrax11

Married with Children
Nov 20, 2003
Sorry for waisting a thread on this but I need some help. I am looking into getting into this new craze and need help picking out what exactly you need. To be honest it is fucking confusing when you try to look at everything you can buy. I have pretty much decided on XM for a provider, not much into stern and would rather have Baseball. I want something I can use in the car as well as at home without having to buy a bunch of kits.

(what happened to the days of buying shit and they give you everything you need instead of raping us with having to buy a bunch of kits??)

I have Sirius and it's pretty damn good. I got my reciever on clearance at Wal-Mart and the original price was $145 and I got it for like $79 and you can use it at home and the car. They have some decent metal stations.

ThraxMan

Get the S-50 its an MP3 player also..... Its the only walkman style ... I have the XACT.... Its good 68.00 at Wal-mart and at work i can walk around and listen to it on my radio... It transmits around the office.....

OneManStandsThrax said:
Sorry for waisting a thread on this but I need some help. I am looking into getting into this new craze and need help picking out what exactly you need. To be honest it is fucking confusing when you try to look at everything you can buy. I have pretty much decided on XM for a provider, not much into stern and would rather have Baseball. I want something I can use in the car as well as at home without having to buy a bunch of kits.

(what happened to the days of buying shit and they give you everything you need instead of raping us with having to buy a bunch of kits??)

I know, it can be as confusing as old tits. My dad has the car hook up and the setup to play in his house. I think it cost him about 50 or 60 bucks. I don't know, I am also thinking about getting XM eventually.

I have been looking at the Delphi Xt which you need to buy a seperate kit for home use which makes no sense to me since it is supposed to be able to play through any Fm radio. Do they make any that you can hook headphones into or would that make to much sense??

XM and Sirius both have units that are portable. One of my co-workers has the XM portable unit, though I can't remember the name of the model.

Usually, the home kits come with an AC power adapter, antenna and a Y-adapter so you can hook it up to the stereo which is preferable because you can pick up interference on the FM bands, even if you're using the unit in your home.