O/T Sepultura - live in Australia

timmyc

Dec 16, 2002
This is shit. I just went to buy a ticket for Sepultura next week - it's been moved from Thebarton Theatre (a venue that holds about 4000 - same place as Anthrax played in 1990 on the POT tour when they had a bigger fan base)

The gig has been moved from there to a place called Fowlers Live - this place holds surely no more than 1000. Sad really.

i saw them on arise tour and they kicked ass live,i got caught out in buying the nation album and it was just shit to me,chaos ad was my fave sep record,i didnt really like roots album to much either

I saw Sepultura in a Prague club Palace Akropolis which is exactly about 1000 people capacity. It was insane. The club was fully packed, the atmosphere was just briliant and they were very, very metal. Derrick Predator kicked ass onstage. You´re going to experience great show, don´t be afraid. The small venue could even help it.

LOL - I thought you must have been on the beers when you wrote that Dutchy, haha

Just saw this show the other night and I am blown away. Only about 800 in the club and Sepultura totally ruled it. Derrek is unreal as a frontman, and proved to me at least that the Seps are far from spent. Excellent stuff - the best show I've seen in at least a couple of years.

ib et they played a bunch of post arise non thrash garbage, i mean some of its good like refuse/resist and new slave order(not sure on that name) but most of it really turns me off, but i wish they would play beneath the remains, inner self, and troops of doom at least full and dead embryonic cells full too, but they butcher these songs in half, so ive heard.

Yeah they did do mostly post Arise stuff (although Arise itself kicked major arse) but it was cool. I agree with you that they should do more from earlier records - the only track from anything before Arise was Troops - but overall still a great gig.