o/t thinking about buying a drum machine

mrthrax

riffer madness
Feb 17, 2002
australia
Visit site
basically think its the best way from me to record along with guitar thru mic on computer using audacity program to record,its got 440 drum preset patterns and i am sure in time i will work out how to make up beats myself and work out all the sequencing and arranging down the track,all i really want is to get all my riffs recorded in a half decent way lol,might inspire to play guitar more,i aint interested in being in a band i just love making my own music.

any tips would be great,anyone had any probs with them,i am spending 400 bucks so the quality side of it should be fantastic.

I've thought about buying a drum machine. The drummers I've played with don't hit the drums hard enough for my taste. Except this one dude but he's not that interested in starting a band.

Hi,

I got myself a Zoom PS04 ministudio - check it out! drum machine built in with hundreds of patterns or you can program your own.

I use it to try out songs before I take them along to my band. I use a basic drum track then add guitars, bass, hammond, brass and sometimes a vocal and it copes really well. It's really easy to use and bounce tracks around.

Rich

Try harmonycentral.com for consumer reviews. I've always been happy with Boss Dr. Rhythm machines.

Rich said:
Hi,

I got myself a Zoom PS04 ministudio - check it out! drum machine built in with hundreds of patterns or you can program your own.

I use it to try out songs before I take them along to my band. I use a basic drum track then add guitars, bass, hammond, brass and sometimes a vocal and it copes really well. It's really easy to use and bounce tracks around.

Rich

cool i think the guy at music sore suggested zoom.cool

mrthrax said:
basically think its the best way from me to record along with guitar thru mic on computer using audacity program to record,its got 440 drum preset patterns and i am sure in time i will work out how to make up beats myself and work out all the sequencing and arranging down the track,all i really want is to get all my riffs recorded in a half decent way lol,might inspire to play guitar more,i aint interested in being in a band i just love making my own music.

any tips would be great,anyone had any probs with them,i am spending 400 bucks so the quality side of it should be fantastic.
if you are serious about making music, then do it. I have one called REASON for my computer that is fantastic. Im still learning how to use it, but it has served me well. Its a little frustrating at first to use, but once you get the hang of it, its great.

mrthrax said:
actually it think the one he mentioned u could program bass liens in as well.

the PS04 lets you do that too but I don't bother. I find it quicker to play a bass line. Cool though if you haven't got a bass.

best thing about Zoom is the price. Cheap as chips