Oak Knoll Fest

Oak Knoll

Oak Knoll Productions
May 17, 2002
Attleboro, MA USA
www.oak-knoll.com
I'm not sure if I'm going to use this name for the fest, but I'd like to work with some fest organizers and people in the metal scene to try a mini fest or possibly some reoccurring metal show that brings out the best in the metal scene (judged by our panel or metal fanatics).

I'll add my ideas here... please add yours...

Bands I like to be in it (in no order of importance):
hbbsi, ATNFAC, TYAG, shroud, ichabod (some local doomers?),
goat horn?, Withersoul, Firerborn, Warblade, Zircon, Herksei, Scourge, Hiss of Atrocities, Nephiilim, Godless RIsing, Coffin Birth, Contagion (new name)
the accursed, beyond the flesh, others

BBQ, suicide girls or some deal with K2U
Bring in NYDM to help/RIDM, TJ from DITF
Get some locals - maybe like Joe notcommon or even Dwyer
Dark Symphonies, Deepsend, others?

Get Jay Rowan to help, Godless singer? others?

headliners? well as it seems i was to shy away from Metalcore bands - that rules out the locals All that remains.. good guys, but I want to focus more on metal that I like. Also Beyond the embrace are good - but I think maybe something more extreme is needed? Any recommendations? 3 inches of blood from canada?

Oak Knoll said:
Bands I like to be in it (in no order of importance):
hbbsi, ATNFAC, TYAG, shroud, ichabod (some local doomers?),
goat horn?, Withersoul, Firerborn, Warblade, Zircon, Herksei, Scourge, Hiss of Atrocities, Nephiilim, Godless RIsing, Coffin Birth, Contagion (new name)
the accursed, beyond the flesh, others

:cry: I have a recommendation

pending on the date..we can do it... when are you thinking on having it?

Sorry that I haven't been on much...I have to pretty much staff off the internet right now at work (standardized testing is going on, and they don't want to clog up the server) and I just got my office set up in my new house...

Sounds like a good idea. Here is some stuff to think about though from the experiences of a friend of mine who put on a festival.

My friend put on a 3 day metal show where I live in Allentown. Trouble, Nuclear Assault, Testament were some of the headliners. Sadly, the festival was poorly attended and he lost a ton of money and it almost put him in bankruptcy. The mistake he made might have been being a little to ambitious. Instead of 3 days he should have just gone for one. He landed up promising way to much money to many of the headliners. He also gave out to much responsability to other people who spent his money very foolishly. The wide range of styles and the high ticket price may have also turned some people away.

Trouble, Nuclear Assault and Testament?? Goddamn..that dude really went all the way for that fest...

I definately think the OKP fest should be a one day fest...that doesn't change locations 4 times in one week...and in a club...

Yes Testament was on the bill. The was another rather old school big death metal band that I can't remember at the moment who was also on the bill. I think maybe Mortician or Cryptoposy or someone like that.

Yes, three days was too much. THere were so many bands that the shows had to start at like 10 in the morning and who wants to listen to death metal or scremo metal at 10 in the morning. The guarantes for the bigger bands were to high and that is where they got killed. They also gog bogged down with expenses like lamenated passes, food, security. All this stuff added up quickly.

I just looked it up on the internet and it was Obituary. Flotsam and Jetsam was also on the bill with God Forbid and a ton of other smaller bands.

Vital Remains would be an awesome headliner! they've been headlining several fests as of late. I saw them at the MDF IV, they were fucking awesome... Until the club cut them off 5 min. before they should have.:Smug:

i suggested Vital to Jeremy when he was telling me about this idea last week.....he feels that they play too many shows all over the place already, and he'd rather have bands that don't play around new england as often....bands that are harder to see, basically.

i'll suggest RVG:TZM again though haha

Hello; CADAVEROUS CONDITION would also be interested in participating in something like an Oak Knoll Festival, though it would be essential for us to get 1-2 more gigs in the States then, too, considering our long journey from Austria.
This would be our first USA shows and we would very much like to play in your area, so maybe something can happen?
Wolfgang