Obituary are back!

MURAI

-
Nov 6, 2002
Canada
Obituary reform, new album in the works
Posted: January 19, 2004, 7:19 am
Legendary Florida death metallers OBITUARY are in the process of reforming with a view towards releasing a new CD in late 2004 or early 2005. "[Drummer] Donald [Tardy], [guitarist] Allen [West] and I have been working on some new stuff and are thinking about a new album," singer John Tardy told BLABBERMOUTH.NET. "We are just getting started and I know [Donald] has talked to [ex-OBITUARY guitarist] Trevor [Peres] about it, too. Right now we have no timeline or record deal set up, but we are writing songs. If all goes well, [the reunion] would be with all 'original' members [John, Donald, Allen, Trevor and bassist Frank Watkins]."

Although the reformed OBITUARY would likely perform select live shows before and after the recording of a new studio album, there is no truth to the reports that the band will make an appearance at the Sun N' Steel festival in Tampa in early March. "I don't know anything about a Sun N' Steel show...never heard of it," John said.
www.uraniummusic.com

I thought they will be gone forever but they're back. My prayers have been answered.

I actually like World Demise. What's everyone's problem with it? I think their last one, Back From The Dead, was weak.

Oh man, Back From The Dead is boring. You hate World Demise so I will assure you that you would not like Back From The Dead.

SculptedCold said:
Dude, they better not have reformed to just give us more Back From The Deads.
They better not. *shakes fists*. I like a few songs in Back From The Dead.

Psychonaut said:
I like World Demise too. I think it's cool that they're reforming but NO MORE RAP!
They just did that on 1 song. When I first heard it, I blew up laughing cause it was so not right to get rappers in a remix of a death metal song.

World Demise and Back From The Dead are fucking shite - all the songs sound exactly the same, the production is lifeless and the guitar sound is a boring drone. Cause of Death was a classic of it's time but when bands like Nile and Vader are putting out great stuff who really needs Obituary?

Nile fuckin suck!!! Their boring,technical Death Metal crap!!! Its cool to see that Obituary are writing new material.And I agree SCold,Obituary are in a league of their own when it comes to their distinctive sound.

CHOPPED IN HALF FEEL THE BLOOD SPILL FROM YOUR MOUTH

Nile are fucking awesome but yeah....im looking forward to the new obituary material. I only own World Demise and yes im in full knowledge that it hasnt got a very good reputation and im fully aware that i need to get more obituary and i will do in time, they're just not that important on my cd lists at the moment

Obituary's earlier work is more slower, brooding sounding with those beastly monsterous vocals from Tardy and their later work sounds more forcefully heavy with yelled vocals.