Arcane Roots - Blood and Chemistry
Chvrches - The Bones of What You Believe
Letlive. - The Blackest Beautiful
Macklemore and Ryan Lewis - The Heist
Bring Me The Horizon - Sempiternal
Imagine Dragons - Night Visions
Deafhaven - Sunbather
Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

and not quite but still awesome - Stone Sour and Lorde.

TOTALLY forgot about this one some how. Amazing album, still can't believe they're a trio sometimes.

You've got some damn good picks in here.

TOTALLY forgot about this one some how. Amazing album, still can't believe they're a trio sometimes.

You've got some damn good picks in here.

I'm surprised anyone on here even knows about them! I caught them live in the summer because a band I produced was supporting on their glasgow date, I wasn't sure at the time because of the complexity of the material on first listen but I stuck the record on after the show and really got into it - it's an awesome album for sure and I've caught them another 3 times since when they've been great - for a three piece they really do fill out really well live and they're really modest humble dudes.

I'm surprised anyone on here even knows about them! I caught them live in the summer because a band I produced was supporting on their glasgow date, I wasn't sure at the time because of the complexity of the material on first listen but I stuck the record on after the show and really got into it - it's an awesome album for sure and I've caught them another 3 times since when they've been great - for a three piece they really do fill out really well live and they're really modest humble dudes.

Someone linked me to the stream of the new album that was running the week before it came out and I was instantly hooked. I need to see them live, going to make a point to plan parental visits around their touring schedule :lol:.

The ones that got the most plays for me this year. I don't know if I could say which one I liked the most.

Killswitch Engage - Disarm the Descent
Extol - Extol
Korn - The Paradigm Shift
Impending Doom - Death Will Reign
Carcass - Surgical Steel
Mutiny Within - Synchronicity
Love and Death - Between Here and Lost
Sevendust - Black out The Sun
Tesseract - Altered State
Devildriver - Winter Kills
Living Sacrifice - Ghost Thief

If I had to choose 10 best it'd be hard, cause there's been a lot of amazing albums this year, but my first pick is without a doubt:

1 - Leprous "Coal"

It gets better with every listen, and was already mindblowing the first time! I'm lucky to have been able to see them on tour, they played the whole album except one song.

The rest, in no particular order:

2- Black Sabbath "13"
3- Carcass "Surgical Steel"
4- Blindead "Absence" (suprise of the year for sure)
5- Steven Wilson "The Raven That Refused to Sing"
6- Paradise Lost "Tragic Illusion 25" (I know it's a compilation, but it's totally awesome)
7- Defeated Sanity "Passages into Deformity"
8- Guttural Secrete "Nourishing the Spoil"
9- Ghost "Infestisummam"
10- Amaranthe "The Nexus"
11- October Tide "Tunnel of No Light" (I know it's 11, I couldn't leave that one out)

Dissapointments:
Tristania "Darkest White". Great songs, but the production totally kills the vibe. Might grow on me like happened with 2010's Rubicon, but for now I'm not liking it.
States "Paradigm". I'd been waiting for this one since their kickstarter in May, the album finally came out last week and after two listens I find it quite boring compared to Room to Run.

I still have to listen to Cathedral's final album "The Last Spire" and a few more, and I probably forgot some as well, but I think this would be my choice for now.

In no particular order and including EPs:

Tesseract - Altered State
David Maxim Micic - Bilo 3.0
Plini - Sweet Nothings
Haken - The Mountain
Feared - Vinter
Scale the Summit - The Migration

It's between these 3 for me

Hessian A.D - Manegarmr
Nails - Abandon all life
Haapoja - S/T

Honorable mention to big business - here comes the water works (2007) which i only discovered this year but has been a favorite since

:loco:

Amaranthe - Hunger
http://youtu.be/9y25snz83ms?t=23s

Amaranthe - The Nexus
http://youtu.be/SxOybZcRXhI?t=1m3s

They couldn't write two different songs in 2 years since the first song is from 2011

Hahaha I know, but their songs are sooooo catchy I actually want them to keep putting out the same thing so I can keep listening to them without repeating albums. After several (and by that I mean A SHITLOAD OF) listens though, I definitely prefer The Nexus, less repetitive and catchier choruses, therefore more lucid sexual fantasies with the chick. Ok, I'm being a sexist cunt on that last point, the band is great kthxby

Toxic Holocaust - Chemistry of Conciousness
Carcass - Surgical Steel
QOTSA - Like Clockwork
The Bronx - IV
Hail of Bullets - III The Rommel Chronicles

Honorable mention:
Queensryche - ST (not the other crappy Queensryche)