Oceans of Sadness- Great Choice Glenn!

I picked up For We Are in Atlanta and since I haven't taken that out of my CD player since I got back, I picked up Mirror Place and The Arrogance if Ignorance.

All I can say is this band is kicking my ass up one side and down the other.

My favorite two songs are Re-Erase and From then On. (You still Reading OoS? This is a subtle request to hear them at ProgPower USA XI :

Oceans of Sadness is a band with great variety, from heavy to melodic. Each song is very different, all while still encompassing the sound that they have. That power even carries over between albums, each album is unquie, but still very Oceans of Sadness. (I could go on, but don't want to write a novel.)

Glenn :worship: for introducing me to this band... :worship: I am now a total fangirl! :headbang::kickass:

Thank you!

-MetalRose

I remember when For We Are came out, I didn't realize they've had so many damned releases since then, nice to see Glen opening the doors a bit towards some more darker, extreme bands!

Yeah its pretty good, but I find myself hitting the skip button.

It's a good cover, but my least favorite song of theirs.. Most likely, because it isn't "theirs"... although they did work it to make it their own.

So on the way home yesterday it hit me-

Oceans of Sadness is like Alice in Chains mixed with Type O Negative with a splash of Dimmu Borgir in them.

No wonder I love them so much.

-Metal

I completely agree. What I've heard off of The Arrogance of Ignorance is VERY nice. Alice in Chains/Type O Negative/Dimmu Borgir is an interesting description, not sure if I feel that. I DEFINITELY agree with whoever it was that called them Amorphis meets Riverside, though.

But, no matter what they sound like - they're AWESOME, and quickly becoming one of my more anticipated acts of next year!

I DEFINITELY agree with whoever it was that called them Amorphis meets Riverside, though.

This really has me intrigued. From watching the lineup video, out of the bands that I did not know, this was the one band that I wanted to go out and buy their CD. And if they sound anything like Amorphis or Riverside, I know I would love this. Looks like another order for Ken is coming soon.

BTW, in High School I idolized Peter Steele and Type O so if they sound like them too, even better.

Killer! Killer! Killer! I can't get enogh of OOS!

My gene pool picks are a cross between Enslaved and Amorphis with a touch of Anathema or Lake Of Tears!

I've got to admit, they are growing on me. Not instantly like Raintime and Amorphis.

So I started listening to Arrogance of Ignorance, and it didn't really grab me until about track 5, but then it took off like a ROCKET. Hopefully, those first few tracks are growers, vs showers.

I've got to admit, they are growing on me. Not instantly like Raintime and Amorphis.

Our music is made to grow on you. Some things may not be as they seem at first listen. It's all about layers... but once you know what to listen for, we hope our music can become pretty addictive.

Instant soup only kills your hunger for a short time, right? :heh:

I'm slowly working my way back.

Got The Arrogance of Ignorance on Monday and have spun it at least twice daily since.

Mirror Palace arrived yesterday; two spins in so far.

I fear another order is on the docket.

I can't get enough of The Arrogance of Ignorance. I've bought wayyy too many albums as of late, but the thought of working backwards is becoming more and more tempting...

Came home from rehearsal just now. Pretty psyched about the new material we're writing and it's not only the beer talking!

Wanted to let you all know we love you.:loco: