Oceans of Sadness- Great Choice Glenn!

So I started listening to Arrogance of Ignorance, and it didn't really grab me until about track 5, but then it took off like a ROCKET. Hopefully, those first few tracks are growers, vs showers.

For me, track 3 is my favorite. Very addictive album.

Having a hard time finding:
Between Heaven, Earth, and Beauty
Laughing Tears, Crying Smile
Send in the Clowns

I have the other 3 full-lengths.
Anyone have any luck finding these or know of distros carrying them?

I am totally and forever addicted to the band.... CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THEM!!!

How many of you out there have listened to them? You should get on it! Eargasm!

Having a hard time finding:
Between Heaven, Earth, and Beauty
Laughing Tears, Crying Smile
Send in the Clowns

I have the other 3 full-lengths.
Anyone have any luck finding these or know of distros carrying them?

Having trouble finding the same ones, help!

To keep you guys on top of things...

CELEBRATING '15 years OOS in 2010'

PART 1:

As you all (should) know,

This bunch of inbreed wankers aka OOS has got some celebrating to do in 2010 since we celebrate our 15 years of existence + it's been 10 years since the release of our first official album 'For We Are'.

As you probably also know, we cannot save humanity as a whole ... HOWEVER, we do know how to party!

So we were thinking, why not start the year with a party in our hometown Dessel, more precisely at youthcentre JC SPIN (where we did a big part of growing up ourselves) and set up a special show for that occasion exclusively...

And so we just decided to play A DOUBLE SET that night!

The first set will be the entire 'For We Are'-album! From the first 'til the last song!
It's been years and years since we played many of those songs so this is quite a challenge for us personally!
Second set will be a regular one with a mixture of material.

MAKE SURE YOU'RE THERE TO WITNESS US GOING FLAT ON OUR FACES FOR A FULL CROWD

Date for this event is February 6th, 2010!

Quickly go to www.jcspin.be for info and reservations, 400 tickets available!!!

More cool news soon!

Other shows on the roster are:

17-01-10 @ Trix, Antwerp (BE) (support Epica)
06-02-10 @ JC Spin, Dessel (BE) (special double set!)
11-01-10 @ Progpower USA (US)
More to come...

T - OOS

ok, so I decided to order The Arrogance of Ignorance for Christmas as one of the albums from bands I wasn;t familiar with going into ProgPower USA XI. I remember the audience going almost silent when the band was shown on the video announcement. Glenn's face was priceless. heh heh.

Having barely sampled anything online from the band I more or less shuffled the cd to the bottom of my listening pile from Christmas behind StormWarrior, Paradox, TYR, and others. I finally remembered to take it off the shelf yesterday on my way out the door to work. I was in the mood to hear something different... and boy was this DIFFERENT. :ill:

BUT I AM LOVING IT!!! :worship: what a unique type of metal with crunchy riffs, groovy bass lines, 70s prog-esqe keyboards, jazzy female vocals mixed with Dimmu-style black metal vocals, and even some quirky circus music moments. This album is my WTF moment of 2010. (yeah I know the album was relased in 2008, but still...)

I am now looking very forward to seeing what Oceans of Sadness brings to Center Stage and ProgPower USA XI. :heh: Thanks to Glenn, color me a fan.

~Hoyt.

Last week we did a special double show in our hometown Dessel, in front of 300 people only. We celebrated the 10th birthday of our debut For We Are, followed by a show filled with songs we didn't play for years anymore.

Someone posted a song called Re-Erase (from For We Are) online. Don't mind to bad soundquality, hope you feel the energy through your screen ;-)

Here is the link: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-fzqRMc9UI&feature=email[/ame]

I am reviving this thread! It needs to be revived, damnit!

OOS blew me away live! Glenn did indeed make a great choice and I hope to hell he chooses them again in the future!

They have so much energy on stage it's unbelievable. Tijs was a crazy man up there! I also loved watching Guy. He reminds me a lot of Casey Grillo. Animal on the fucking battery!! OOS was the only band where I chose to stand in the pit. I have bad knees so I sat for everything else...BUT! They were so awesome I'm glad I decided to stand- in the second row!

I also had the opportunity to meet and talk with them after Tarot's set in the vendor room. They are all such nice guys. I can't speak much for Hans, though...as he was a bit...asleep? :lol: Though when he woke up he did sign my booklet! :rofl: Tijs and Guy made the biggest impression on me. Especially Tijs! Thank you so much for making me feel like I was on top of the world!

So who else wants them to make another ProgPower appearance?!!?