October Thorns Demo to Get Remix, Mastered and Released

Paul LaPlaca

Jul 28, 2011
Brooklyn
Happy to announce we are in the final stages of pre-production to remix our original demo from way back.

We had a couple good years in NYC opening for Opeth, Moonspell, In Flames, Nevermore and SyX as well as hitting Powermad and the Koshic Metalsfests. Bassist David Z went on to TSO, ZO2, Joan Jett and Jeff Scott Soto, I toured with Chris Caffery and Ted Poley, drummer Jofu toured with Zandelle and guitarist Joe Chawki released a solo CD but we all credit this band and founder Dave Pando for getting us together and giving us our start.

The 6 original demo songs will be given an updated mix and mastered for the first time. Bonus tracks will include the song Leviathan which was recorded at the same time as the others but never finished. Other early demos will be included as well.

The cover artwork is coming out really amazing and we are all excited about having this recording finally getting a proper release!

Here is a link to the original recordings;

Soundscape and Ice Age are also working on new material so we may try to convince Ricciardi to do another Big Bang!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Evil and Kez
Awesome Paul !!!! I still have my signed October Thorns CD from Powermad !!!! Excellent news on new Soundscape and Ice Age material, although I haven't been able to find any info on that in years - and haven't been able to get in touch with Josh for years too..... and yes, another Big Bang would be absolutely mind blowing, except that it's a shame Tuxedo Junction is gone now ......but anywhere is good by me. Incredible blast from the past.......

Cool. Will be interesting to check it out and reminisce.
btw, opening for Savatage was not enough of a career highlight to include in the list? :) the only time I saw you guys.