ELYSIUM (Florida) - Tech thrash reissue in October

TribunalRecords

Record Label(s)/Vocalist
Sep 12, 2007
www.tribunalrecords.net
We are reissuing ELYSIUM's Inspired Hatred demo in October. we tracked them down and found that one member lives right down the road from us in Burlington, NC thus proving how small the world can truly be at times! haha.

300.jpg

The earliest history of ELYSIUM can be traced back to 1978 when Terry Allen (vocals/guitar) and Tim Jorgensen (drums) began writing songs and tracking demos in a basement but it wasn’t until 1988 that ELYSIUM, as most fans knew them, began to take full shape. Despite being a new band ELYSIUM found themselves playing an active part in the thriving Florida metal scene during the late eighties. Besides finding time to record their Inspired Hatred demo they were sharing stages with “local” bands like Death, Cynic, Malevolent Creation, Solstice, Nasty Savage and as well as touring acts like Trouble and King Diamond.

ELYSIUM’s only recorded work arrived as the Inspired Hatred demo tape. This was not like any ordiniary demo of its time due to the exceptional production it showcased. Inspired Hatred’s high production value can be attributed to the fact that the band chose to work with engineer Tom Morris (Iced Earth, Morbid Angel, Coroner, Kreator, Sepultura) of the now and still legenadary Morrisound Studios.

Although ELYSIUM found themselves recording at the traditional Floridian death metal headquarters they most definitely were not of the same ilk. ELYSIUM instead chose a path of melodic and technical thrash metal. Speedy tempos, rapid fire riffs and a unique vocal rasp all helped to set ELYSIUM off from the Floridian death metal pack. Like many fans of cult metal Inspired Hatred has always remained one of Divebomb Records favorite unreleased gems and we are extremely excited to now give this classic demo it’s first proper release on CD. This reissue not only includes the original Inspired Hatred demo tape, but also adds a bonus track and a full live set (video only) as part of an enhanced CD.

FOR FANS OF:
DEATH, ATHEIST, SABBAT, VIO-LENCE, KREATOR, CORONER and TESTAMENT

POINTS OF INTEREST:
- FIRST TIME ON CD
- ENGINEERED BY TOM MORRIS (ICED EARTH, MORBID ANGEL, CORONER, KREATOR, SEPULTURA)
- RECORDED AT LEGENDARY MORRISOUND STUDIOS IN 1989
- MASTERED BY JAMIE KING IN 2010
- LIMITED EDITION OF 1,000 – CD ONLY
- BONUS TRACK, LIVE CONCERT VIDEO & BAND ARCHIVAL PICTURES

TRACK LIST:

01 Inspired Hatred
02 Cold Turkey
03 Dead Till The End
04 Food Of The Gods
05 Funeral In Vain
06 Provocation Of Obscene Rage (P.O.O.R.)
07 Plague Of Men
08 Baby F*ck

BONUS TRACK
09 Crystal Blisters

ENHANCED LIVE VIDEO
Live @ Rock It Club (Tampa – 1991)
01 Dead Till The End
02 Crystal Blisters
03 Funeral In Vain
04 Inspired Hatred
05 Food Of The Gods

Last edited by a moderator:
i will try, but PP is a month before street date AND i haven't sent in artwork to be printed so it will be a close call!

but on a positive note if i don't have it ready by then you can still pre-order via our estore and it's free shipping. so it's basically like buying it from me there. :)

Oops. :eek: My bad, I guess I should have known that. Matt I can't keep up with you and what you do.

Just a quick update this street date for stores has been bumped to November because we just missed the product deadline (due to my Korea trip) but good news is i have the CDs here at office now and have begun shipping all pre-orders. We are still offering FREE SHIPPING on the release now. PICK ONE UP NOW!