October Tide??

October Tide released 2 albums. Was a side project for Jonas and Fred. Jonas sang on Rain Without End and they had a different singer on Grey Dawn since Jonas could no longer growl. Both albums are now out of print. I prefer Rain Without End as it's definitely more old Katatonia sounding. So the only way you'll get to hear them is either A) search ebay for a copy and spend a fortune or B) d/l the songs somewhere since it seems they will never be reissued which would be nice.

Edit: shitty typos

More Brave Murder Day, only a bit more varied. On the 2nd Cd the vocalist Marten Hansen, of i believe A canorous Quintet (RIP), took over the vocals. I don't want to say October Tide sounds like Opeth. OT is in my opinion much better, and way more to old Katatonia.
My fav. is Rain without end. Although they both are excelent Cd's.
I hope i've answered some questions for you.

Cheers. I'm going to the pub...

Thanks, although the "much better than Opeth" quote scares me (My Arms Your Hearse is probably my favorite metal recording ever, although the newer Opeth is rather lame). I will definitely scan the used cd shops in my area for the OT releases.

As far as I'm concerned, I prefer Grey Dawn. It has always sounded to me like the album that could have logically followed "Brave Murder Day". The composition on this album is amazing. I seldom heard such disharmonic riffs sounding so perfect. Everyone should check this amazing band, and should ask Jonas & Fred for more music in this vein.
Comparing grey Dawn with Opeth stuff sounds a bit reductive for me. grey Dawn is more varied, and in fact quite different from Opeth way of composing according to me (I should add I'm an Opeth fan so you can trust me).

i wish Fred would write more or at least get more songs on Katatonia albums. He's a criminally underrated song writer. Fred is a bad ass and the only way i'd want to hear another OT album is if Jonas sang. The vocals on Grey Dawn really don't do much for me at all :erk:

I have 3 brand new copies (not sealed, but never played) of October Tide's first very hard to find Rain Without End CD if anyone is interested. Make me an offer, but it better be good!

MadTinus said:
God damn dude, you can make a fortune if you put those up for auction on ebay! You'll get at least 40 euro each for them. I already got it, so I don't need it ;).

Oh I know, I actually had bought 7 copies from this guy who ran this small distro out of his home. He must have bought them back in 97 when they came out and never sold them because he doesn't do much business (and mostly sells power metal). When I saw that he had them I grabbed one for myself and bought the rest for Ebay. I've already gotten $120 for one, $100 for another, and $200 to a guy outside of Ebay. It's been a great investment!

Jerkface said:
I've already gotten $120 for one, $100 for another, and $200 to a guy outside of Ebay. It's been a great investment!
Damn! :OMG: I really want this album, but there's no way I'll ever pay that much. That's great for you to have sold them for that much, but whoever bought them were idiots.

Only Human said:
Damn! :OMG: I really want this album, but there's no way I'll ever pay that much. That's great for you to have sold them for that much, but whoever bought them were idiots.

Oh and I forgot the best part, I bought them for like 9 bucks each! Not a bad profit, huh?

oh no...
Your lyrics are among the best I've seen, in any genre of music. Where can I get a copy of the OCTOBER TIDE lyrics, since they're not in the booklet?

Thanks a lot for saying that. Concerning the lyrics for OCTOBER TIDE, I’m afraid you can’t have them, I don’t have them myself. I have forgotten some of them and I can’t really hear what I’m singing everywhere either. I don’t want to make up words in order to make a complete lyric sheet.