Odd problem with my secondary Hard Drive

Cat5Messiah

Violator of Sheep
Jan 21, 2003
Seattle/Tacoma (Browns Point), WA
www.myspace.com
Ok, I find this strange. I was messing around, being pissed that my secondary drive wasn't working due to my lack of giving a shit. A couple of months ago I was pissed off at my computer so I decked it, and doing so locked up my primary drive. Luckily, I had Linux on my secondary drive and got Win XP Pro (upgrading from Win2K Pro) and installed that. Afterwards, I uninstalled linux.

Just now, I decided to ScanDisk my D: drive (the fucked up one) because whenever I tried to format, it would hang. When I would tell Scandisk to start, it would exit itself, so I said fuck it. Then about five minutes later, my power flickered, for no fucking reason, and it caused my computer to reboot. Then, as the OS loaded, I noticed that my system found new hardware. It said 'M2 C13 H54' or something, like some weird formula, then converted into 'Hard Drive'. After that, I decided to reformat again. It didn't hang this time, but it said that the format could not be completed and then the D: drive disappeared. I was thinking, what the fuck........so I decided to add new hardware.

This time, it found the drive and two other drives......which is impossible, so I figured that they were just partitions of the D: drive, which is.....strange. Anyways, so I had drives C, D, E, I and J. I tried formatting D: and it said that it couldn't be formatted again, then drives D, I and J disappeared from the drive list. Now, what the fuck is this? Does anyone know? Is the head or one of the discs dead? I don't really get it.

Do the same thing to get it to show the harddrive, and if possible the "partitions", and use Partition magic and try and join them back toghether...
I nearly lost 10gb of my hard disk because of something like that but it didnt fuck up thankfully.

I believe that means time for a new hard drive ;) You probably screwed up the magnet allignment when you bitchslapped your computer...There's pretty much no way to fix that kind of problem unfortunately. I Hope there wasnt much on the drive...I recently lost my drive for NO REASON whatsoever and lost about 3000 mp3s, (TONS of rare ones, 75+ music vids, game saves, programs and shit. It was horrible....but now I know to back my shit up hahaha. And I hope you learned not to beat up your comp! haha

(Nice sig btw... Seraph Sephiroth is the SHIT!)

Razerblaze said:
I believe that means time for a new hard drive ;) You probably screwed up the magnet allignment when you bitchslapped your computer...There's pretty much no way to fix that kind of problem unfortunately. I Hope there wasnt much on the drive...I recently lost my drive for NO REASON whatsoever and lost about 3000 mp3s, (TONS of rare ones, 75+ music vids, game saves, programs and shit. It was horrible....but now I know to back my shit up hahaha. And I hope you learned not to beat up your comp! haha

(Nice sig btw... Seraph Sephiroth is the SHIT!)
:headbang:

I'm not worried about it really. All of the shit that was on here before has been gone for a while. I actually used my now primary drive, which used to be my secondary drive for my MP3s, movies, etc. I used the C: drive for programs and system files, which I got back.

what size is it? If it's not a great HD, then trash it. I had one that did somehting similar to this and it had a bad output connection because it was put through and IDE to SCSI adaptor, which was sitting in an SCSI to IDE adaptor... one of those was fucked up. sine you seem tyo know what you're doing, I'm assuming it wasn't a physical crash (ouch). I had a computer tech teacher tell me the heads could be fucked up when it does stuff like this and there's no worthwhile solution to fix it.

and BTW, partitionmagic will do shit for you if the hard drive says it has partitions while none were created.

Steve

damn, maxtors are supposed to be awesome, ive never had any trouble with my 3 diamondmax hd's. but thats really fuckin weird, although i got a good laugh from it, haha. if XP didnt kill dos you could format outside of windows...hmmm

EDIT: if it decides not to work...you know its time to burn, rape, and pillage it like a true viking warrior :D