Hard disk problem

blags

Apr 15, 2008
Ok here is the deal.I have 2 ata hard drives in my PC already and I bought a new 320GB SATA drive today but PC does not recognize it.Auto hard drive detection is enabled in bios.What should I do?Motherboard is ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe.Should I flash bios? Or maybe disconnect two ata drives then do the fresh instal on sata?
Thanks

If it's anything like my Asus bios, you need to make sure the sata port you are plugged into is not set for raid(think it needs to be set for IDE?). It should give you a few options for every port on the board. Also, make sure you have the newest bios and newest chipset drivers.

Format the hard drive, if Windows sees it, all hard drives come unformatted

No windows does not see it neither does BIOS.

If it's anything like my Asus bios, you need to make sure the sata port you are plugged into is not set for raid(think it needs to be set for IDE?). It should give you a few options for every port on the board. Also, make sure you have the newest bios and newest chipset drivers.

As I recall I did change some Bios settings from scasi to raid and vice versa and nothing happened.And i definetily nedd to update motherboard drivers.
Thanks guys

Ok.I think I `ve found it,well at least I think so.There is a jumper on motherboard that enables/disables sata .I dont have time right now to try it but that must be it.I will use new sata drive for my OS and multitracks and old 120GB ata drive for the rest of the stuff(music,videos....).
Thanks to everyone who tried to help.:headbang::headbang::headbang: